. xxv

She hadn't even put her phone back to her pocket when Daniel and mom rejoined her outside. The looks on their faces were rather downcast. It didn't take a genius to know what happened.

Her lips tightened as she notes the disappointed and sad looks the both sport.

(Y/N) was feeling slightly merciful then, since she was with her mother. However, when she glanced back through the glass windows, she was able to easily read the words that were spoken with the two people's lips.

Beggar.

Her blood boiled.

That word, she can tolerate if it was directed to her. But to her mother?

Her expression turned darker than the looks on her two companion's faces.

"Hey you," she muttered to Daniel. (Y/N) made sure her voice isn't heard by their mom. "You better shove that guy's stupid card back up his ass."

It seems Daniel also understood what they were muttering to themselves. He shot them dirty looks from behind his glasses.

"Yeah. I was planning to do that."

And somehow, after a long time, they actually agreed with something.

In the time Daniel chose to finally contact the one who scouted him, (Y/N) actually got up and decided she wants to tag along for two reasons.

First was because she saw how much they badly need more hands. Maybe she should volunteer to help him out? She sure can carry the bags.

Second, and the most important reason, was because she wants to see the faces of that so-called Oh Clothing turn to despair. Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but that's the gist of it.

She was more than readily allowed to go in the van with the two.

The (h/c) haired girl sees them first even before she she leaves the van. They really seem to be enjoying themselves, huh? What, with their coffee in hand, too.

She nonchalantly walks out from the vehicle and took half the bags that the mister is carrying.

"Oh – thank you," he says, slightly embarrassed for needing someone's help even if that's why she followed them in the first place.

"It's no problem at all, mister," she says with the politeness she hasn't used for a while outside of work.

She hears the Oh Clothing guys laugh at them. And then they all suddenly fell silent.

She just knew her brother just left the van. Damn dramatic, that guy.

In their temporary alliance, she was free to use him to see the kind of faces they'd make when they see someone they really wanted in their company, chooses to reject them for someone "lesser" and "unknown".

He also rushes over to help. Now the mister seemed really relieved.

(Y/N) glances at the other team from the corner of her eyes. Seeing their gobsmacked expression, she cannot help but smirk.

She turns away in triumph as she hears two certain people gnash their teeth in annoyance.

Other than that, the photoshoot progressed smoothly, but lengthily. (Y/N) spent a good amount of time just sitting on the curb, staring listlessly as her brother gets dressed up one set at a time.

...Well, the opponents' reactions got boring too quickly. The two just remained silent.

At least, until Daniel was allowed a short break. He sat on the cement stairs and watches others pose for the camera.