. xxxiv

Her days after her return was full of concerned yelling. And constant monitoring.

Daniel was a bit calm when he first saw her, though. He looked so relieved to see her walk back to apartment when she did. He did not break down crying or hugging her or anything like that. He seems to be minding the (slight) distance of their relationship.

As for the others...calm is the exact opposite word to describe them.

Zoe literally charged to her, teary-eyed and hugging her. She's asked where (Y/N) had been for days – no, it was weeks, right? Mira has interrogated her while also fussing over her when she noticed the bandages.

The dark haired girl's concern was understandable, though. The memory of her own stalker still probably burns underneath her eyelids everytime she closes her eyes.

Vasco and the rest of the Burn Knuckles went knocking on the door of the fashion department as soon as they found out she's back at school. They even brough more cartons of milk, chocolate, and lollipop.

At this point, (Y/N) would definitely go missing again one day. Because she's be in the hospital for diabetes or something.

Eli has been discreetly passing her one fruit after another everytime they pass each other during lunch. Like he's making sure she's still eating nutritious food just so she heals faster. The complete opposite of what Burn Knuckles did. Sometimes his action are just amusing.

The last person that approached her happened to be the least she'd expected would.

But then again, maybe Crystal isn't as apathetic as she initially thought.

"I heard you got into an accident," she casually, but discreetly mentioned in the middle of class. Their seats are close enough to talk without being overheard.

(E/c) eyes watched the other girl from her peripheral. "Yeah."

"Good to see you're doing well now."

"Yeah."

Admittedly, that was an awkward exchange. At least she asked.

In fact, she felt very warm that this much people has been worried about her. She didn't think they'd be close enough with each other for anyone to actually miss and worry about her.

Back in her previous school, they just ask where she was. They don't bother checking if she was making excuses at all, and just laugh off whatever she ways.

No hugging and nagging, for sure. She thinks the change wasn't that bad.

"So, how did you know the other guy at your apartment?" Crystal continues to ask.

She did not expect that question at all. The hand supporting her resting cheek almost slips.

"Who?"

"The other Daniel? He's the only other person there, right?"

"...Oh right." (Y/N) pauses and pretends to listen to the teacher in front of the class. Mentally, she frantically tries to remember the excuse she gave Jay back during Thanksgiving. "I was his tutor back around middle school. Why?"

"Did you..." suddenly, Crystal's voice lowered even more. As if whatever she's saying is strictly confidential. "Notice something off with him at all? And with your brother? Like...do they ever stay awake at the same time?"

Huh.

Crystal, what is the point of asking her this?

Perhaps, during the time (Y/N) was gone, did something happen? Something that must've tipped her off on the abnormal phenomena happening with Daniel's two-body situation?