. xxxix

(Y/N) received a rather alarming message full of typos from Daniel in the middle of walking aimlessly in the street.

- 'hlep'

- 'somsone loosened Enu's collar'

- 'I cnant find her plese jelp ms'

She spent about a minute squinting at her screen, trying to process what the last message was about. And when she did, the girl could've sworn she felt her heart drop.

She lets out a sound not quite fully human before turning to the opposite direction that she was heading to, her pace quickening to a speed walk.

'What have you done'

'Where did you last see her?'

'You absolute mORON why did you take your eyes off her???!!!'

She spams a few more angry messages, feeling quite restless without knowing what happened to Enu. Finally, she received a reply telling her where her brother currently was waiting.

She didn't even spare a few more minutes to lounge around. She all but ran to the location he sent to her - a park that she usually passes by whenever she's just out and about.

As soon as the girl spotted the tall, familiar figure in the distance, she cannot help the screech that escaped her mouth.

"You irresponsible buffoon!" she fumed as soon as she was sure she was within his hearing distance. "What did you even do to completely lose track of her?!"

Daniel looked rather flustered and nervous as he recognizes her presence. He hurriedly tries to explain.

"She was just nearby playing with another dog, okay? And I took a little while to catch my breath after running, and when I looked back she's — she's just gone!"

"How long, exactly, were you not looking?"

"I don't know? A minute? Or um...five? It wasn't even that long!"

"Not long, you say. Well, SOMEONE loosened her collar and obviously took her away in that short period of time."

However much she wanted to keep chewing him out, it just so happens that arguing and doing nothing won't help find Enu. So instead, (Y/N) crosses her arms with a deep frown, and looks away.

"Okay, so where were you when you lost her and why are you at a park now?"

"I was by the river. I heard a bunch of cat moms are here so I thought I'd ask them if they knew something..."

"You haven't asked them yet?!"

"I was trying to get to it! I met someone who...lost her pregnant dog recently, too..."

Without listening to whatever he was about to keep saying, (Y/N) turned on her heel and went to look for the peoole that he mentioned he was going to ask. Daniel trailed off after her, hands fidgeting anxiously.

The girl pauses for a moment as she sees another person stopping just in front of her.

And a familiar one at that.

"Johan Seong?" she asks, temporarily forgetting her original task in her surprise.

His eyes also widens a bit in recognition. "You're also here?"