. xliii

He didn't call her phone again to ask her to go with him. But seeing how Jiho seems content these days just sitting on his desk, staring at his phone, (Y/N) just had a bad feeling about what is about to happen.

Sure enough, her feeling was proven right when an outsider came knocking on the door of their classroom. He looks quite pissed of as he calls out her classmate's name.

"Did you think I couldn't find you?!" The voice was loud enough to completely make her forget about her sleepiness. (Y/N) looked up to see who it was. "Get your ass over here!"

The classroom was speaking in hushed whispers while Jiho just sat rooted on the same spot. This ended with the stranger getting impatient, instead choosing to storm inside the room and haul the shorter teen up by his uniform.

"Who's that?" someone asked. He was held against the wall, air cut off with the arm on his throat.

"I guess Jiho scammed someone." At this point, other students from different departments got curious and is peeking by the doorway.

"Fucking midget! Did you think I couldn't find you?"

Two more strangers entered the room to watch the scene. They purposely positioned themselves so they can look threateningly down on Jiho.

Well, this is bad.

It didn't take long before Daniel stepped in. With the hero complex he's been displaying these days, it really wasn't a surprise he did. The shorter boy looked embarassed that someone came to help, though.

While her brother was talking to the outsiders, Jiho cut in again.

"Hey! I know what you're talking about, so follow me. I'll explain it to you."

(Y/N) didn't even realize she stood up when the group shuffled out of the room with Daniel staring hopelessly after them.

Something bad had happened. Most likely because he still continued to stay around those people.

He didn't return to school after he's left.

She tried to text his phone number the entire time, but none of them seem to have reached him at all. And when she tried to call, it seems his phone number is unavailable.

In the first place, why was she even bothering to be concerned? This happened before, and he still seemed to haven't learn his lesson-

But there was something pitiful about him. As if he doesn't know how and who to properly trust.

(Maybe it sounds a bit similar to her trust issues in the past.)

-

She found a familiar face on her way to visit the computer shop that night. It was someone from school, a year younger than her. She thinks this kid was also there during the gambling incident.

He also seemed to have seen her. But he didn't look very enthusiastic when he did.

"It's the weirdo that wanted to split my money," he mutters, probably thinking she can't hear him.

(Y/N)'s eye twitched. Right, she almost forgot he was like this. From what she heard, he even hacked the school orientation video by playing porn rather than whatever the teacher was supposed to say that time.

It was a rather hot topic around the school for a while, of course she knew about it.

She pretends to not acknowledge his presence. However, the walk inside the computer shop was rather awkward.

The only reason she was there was. because she wanted to see if she can find any clue on what happened to Jiho in the internet. And using a computer is easier most of the time rather than her phone.