. xxxvi

The year passed before she knew it. By the time spring came rolling by, (Y/N) has already became a second year.

Barely even halfway through the first day and there's already something rowdy going on, though. She sees her brother standing just in front of the fashion dept with a familiar face clinging to his arm.

She took one look at Zoe's expression, and at Jay's sweating one, and sighs.

Unfortunately, this drew Joy's attention to her. The freshman looked over her way, grinned widely and waved.

"Hello, sister!" she says cheerfully.

(Y/N) stops.

Sister?

Hearing this only seemed to have added fuel to Zoe's fire. She huffed and glared more. And then she walked over to the (h/c) haired girl and linked their arms together.

"Hi, (Y/N)!" she says, glancing at Joy from the corner of her eye. As if to prove a point. "It's been a while!"

"Zoe..." said girl says in exasperation but didn't continue.

Really, she no longer knows if her dark haired friend is chasing after this version of Daniel, or the convenience store Daniel.

And then something more interesting happened.

She sees a head of lavander peek inside the classroom. (Y/N) eyebrow rose at the sight of Eli walking in, milk in hand. He made a beeline to the direction of Crystal.

The girl had to duck her head away to hide her snickers. Why milk, of all things?

Is he, like, giving it as a roundabout way to say he's helping her grow taller?

Rather odd way to start the year.

Later during lunch, (Y/N) finds Mira in the bathroom, washing her hair for some reason. Next to her is the classmate sits next to her during class.

Curiousity led her to approaching the two.

"What happened?" the girl asked.

Mira seemed to have not seen or hear her approach. She jolted away from the sink, hair still dripping wet.

(Y/N) catches sight of a noodle stuck in-between the strands of brown.

Was someone...bullying Mira? The ultimate angel of the school? Whose smile could disarm the wicked and end literal wars?

"O–oh, hi (Y/N). It's nothing..."

Now she understood why she heard people's excited whispers on her way to the bathroom.

There's no way Zack took kindly to what happened.

Feeling a bit sympathetic that it was Mira who had to be dumped with food over her head, the (h/c) haired girl approached her. "Here, I'll help."

Together, she and the other female classmate helped Mira wash off the remaining soup off her hair. The smell didn't immediately vanish, though. She might have to spend the rest of the day smelling like food.

She also decided to walk the brunette back to the cafeteria in case something happens again.

As they approach the place, both girls seem to notice that the cafeteria is louder that it usually is.

Mira's eyes widened as she takes in the sight of Zack on the floor. She rushes in immediately and fearlessly puts herself in between the two boys.

As for (Y/N), her eyes are glued on the massive back of whom she'd assume is the transfer student.