. xxx

"...You're dating someone now?" Yoojun asks as she answers where she got her new shoes from.

"Yeah I guess."

"I see...so in the end, you got your own sugar daddy, huh?"

(Y/N)'s mouth dropped open slightly. She can't believe he still remembers her talking about that. Even when she was only half-serious back then.

"Well, I mean I guess...? He's the one that gave me access to his wallet anyway."

"Just as you wanted. Lucky for you."

"Yep."

The conversation then trailed off not too soon after that. The two continued doing whatever they were supposed to do.

The girl watches her coworker from the corner of her eye, contemplative.

Yoojun seems oblivious enough about this as he continues whistling while rearranging the clothes from where they are hanging. It took quite a while before he noticed her side glances.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

(Y/N) tilts her head. "I'm surprised you're rather calm about this."

"Why?"

"Believe it or not, I'm not completely oblivious. During my first few months here, you're always keeping in mind everything I say and indulging me for some reason."

He raises an eyebrow, so she continues.

"Like when I complained about my brother getting a whole wardrobe of clothes for his birthday, and you gave me a new shirt before I left. And during Thanksgiving too."

"Oh that," Yoojun looks a bit embarrassed after she narrates everything he did not too long ago. "I just thought you look pretty. But since you kept being unresponsive I just...backed off, y'know?"

That kind of confirms he liked her at some point.

It's probably gone now, though.

At least he knows how to take a hint.

(Y/N) allows a snicker to escape her lips. "I can't believe you actually found me 'pretty'."

"It's not that hard to believe. Confidence can be attractive. And also, you just got a boyfriend, didn't you?"

Her light amusement melts into a greater mirth. In the end, she cannot find it in herself to tell him Samuel probably did not date her for her looks.

Nor her confidence, for that matter.

-

(Y/N) could almost die from the awkwardness of that night's dinner.

She didn't expect Daniel to come home just as she was about to start eating dinner. In a series of uncomfortable situations, he ended up sitting down on the seat across of her, eyes glued insistently at his bowl.

She could've sworn the food wasn't this bland when she first had the first bite...

"If..." Daniel suddenly speaks. He lowers his bowl to look at the table. "I mean, what do you think I should do if my friend's getting hurt because I insisted he stays with me?"

(Y/N) pauses.

How surprising. She didn't think he'd ask her this. And the topic, of all things, is like this.

She swears she was close to crying from the irony of the situation.

"Is this about PTJ?" she mumbles while nibbling on her food.

Daniel looks startled.

"...Yeah."

"You should've known this would happen. You were like him before you got that body too."