. xlvii

(Y/N) saw her walking out of the convenience store that one particular day, looking a bit down.

The previous times the (h/c) haired girl saw Crystal's older sister Crystal (now that's confusing), she always seems quite confident with herself. Always with her head up.

Not...she never had that sad expression (Y/N) is looking to at that moment.

Honestly, she wouldn't have paid attention to it. But Crystal kept walking and walking, deep in her thoughts, not realizing she was about to walk straight to another.

Milliseconds before collision, the tall girl was able to stop before the worst happens. It was because (Y/N) grabbed her shoulders at the last second, not only stopping her but also bringing her back to reality.

Crystal's eyes widened as if she just opened her eyes.

The (h/c) haired girl tilted her head. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"(Y/N)?" she immediately wiped off the somber look on her face. "Hi. Are you here to visit Daniel? Buy something from the store? I just came by, and he seems a bit out of it. Come to think of it, you know each other, right? Can you tell him-"

Said girl has to backtrack. She wasn't expecting to be bombarded with word after word. "Crystal."

The dark haired girl shut her mouth, looking rather sheepish.

"Are you okay?"

"Okay? Yes, yes I'm fine."

(Y/N) searchingly scanned her face. Alas, she decided that 'No, something is definitely up.'

Now she hasn't really talked much with this girl. However, she is classmates with Crystal's other sister anyway. So it may not hurt actually hanging out with her once in a while.

Before Crystal can register what she was doing, (Y/N) already started to drag her somewhere.

"Wait, wait! Where are we going?"

"You look like someone just broke up with you," says the (h/c) haired girl nonchalantly. "You don't seem like the type to spill what it was when asked, so at least let's go get your mind off whatever it is."

"Eh?"

(Y/N)'s original plan was like this - she was just supposed to continue what she was doing buying food and toys for Tails and maybe get something to munch on while she's at it. And then she planned to just take Crystal with her to see how well she knew about things cats like.

But then they weren't even inside any place to buy cat food when Crystal made a strangled sound as she bought streetfood.

(Y/N) looked at her weirdly. "What?"

"Is that your lunch?"

"Well, techincally..."

"Oh, no...."

"What, you have something against..." the girl frowns, glancing down on the cheap burger she held between her hands. "Burgers?"

"That is not a proper meal."

And so, (Y/N) ended up having another demonstration of how much money some people unfairly have. She now stood dumbly in front of a fancy restaurant, in her oversized shirt and jeans, where she can see from where she is that everyone else looked very dressed up.

"Crystal," she gapes. "Crystal, what are we doing here?"

"Having a proper meal," said girl crosses her arms as if it was obvious.

No it wasn't! It wasn't everyday (Y/N) gets to eat fine-dining food just because.

But to be honest, this was quite cool.