. xxvii

"Just tell me what milk powder I'm getting her!"

"No, no! I already bought it!"

"Then why am I here?!"

"Did you get everything on the list?"

"Yeah...like, half an hour ago."

"...Oh. Then it's okay, you can go back. I'm close to the store."

(Y/N) made a disbelieving sound as the call hangs up. Does that mean she could've left this place half an hour ago, but instead she was stuck there, wondering what kind of milk Yenna usually drinks?!

She shouldn't have agreed to help Eli out with groceries...even if he's the one paying with everything on the receipt.

The girl excited the grocery store, frowning and crossing her arms as she sees a bike approach her.

Eli's bag seems to be full of a lot of things. It was probably everything he got for his daughter, when he went to a different shop.

"Thanks again, (Y/N)," he sighs in relief as he checks the bag.

She shoots him one last glare before trudging after him, dragging her feet with her. This time, he opted to just walk rather than continue biking. Mostly because this time, she's following him.

It was pretty silent since they don't need to talk much anyway. Eli pulled his headphones up while (Y/N) wordlessly browses through her Pacebook.

Or at least, it was silent until the disturbance came.

She can't even get angry, since they were the ones that walked straight to it.

There are people loitering about next to the Han river. The first person she recognized, of course, was her brother. He was passed out for some reason, with Crystal knelt next to her as if it was some sort of dramatic K-Drama scene. Enu was just barking next to them.

...Why was there an actual police car and a rescue team in the river?

In the middle of winter?

There was also a blanket just uselessly rolling around, going along with the stronh, cold wind. A group of more familiar people stood on the side, watching blankly.

She spent a few more second staring, before turning her head away.

She's been saying this a lot lately, but no, she has no idea who those people are.

But before they can continue walking along, (Y/N) realized that the teen next to her has already vanished. Without her noticing, the bike has been passed to her hands.

What even is happening?

Eli looks quite grave as the situation (which looks like an elaborate joke, by the way), listening to Crystal as she recounts what happened.

Ah, that's right. Daniel also mentioned Vasco inviting her to his birthday party. Except no one told her it'd be next to Han River in the middle of winter.

What were these people thinking? She's never felt so glad because she decided to do Eli a favor with his groceries.

The (h/c) haired girl watches as Eli bends down and reaches for a rock.

"Zack!" she hears Mira's voice call out urgently. She's also here?! The brunette points towards the newcomer to their group, who was scribbling on a rock with a marker that came from thin air. "He said he can fix this!"

Mira, you poor lost soul...

(Y/N) hides a snicker as she watches Eli solve the problem so swiftly. As if he was the designated babysitter trying to get the kids to calm down. He was so used to this situation that he's come up with an answer so quickly...