. xxviii

Since that day she came across Jiho in the street, he seemed to have become a bit brighter. He keeps his head higher, beaming bright once in a while, and willing engaging in conversations with others.

They weren't close, but (Y/N) felt a bit satisfied seeing the improvement. She admits even she had almost forgotten his presence back when he tried so hard to be quiet and unnoticeable.

He also seemed to have started to see her in good light. Jiho takes the initiative to have hello at her everytime he spots her in the hallways. Even when they quite literally saw each other a few minutes ago inside their classroom.

The girl just sighs and lets him be. It wasn't particularly bothersome anyway. And she's the one who kept bugging him to work on himself.

But one day, Jiho came to school, looking thinner than usual. There was a tired look in his eyes, and he seemed greatly unfocused with everything.

He was called about ten times during class, and not once did he answer.

It was so obvious that even Daniel and Zack had been sending him worried glances.

Crystal finally stood up, eyebrows furrowed as she walked to the boy's seat. In her hand is a handkerchief with polkadots.

(Y/N) follows her movements through the corner of her eyes. When she finally properly looked at the two of them, her eyes widened in alarm. There was a trail of blood dripping down from both of Jiho's nostrils.

"Are you okay?" Crystal asks. "Your nose is bleeding."

It was only then that he noticed his nosebleed. Jiho shot up from his seat and ran out of the room. Presumably to go to the infirmary.

(E/c) eyes wordlessly watched his back until the door closed when he left. (Y/N) found herself scrunching her eyebrows together. She wonders what was happening.

The next day, she found herself almost crashing straight to a street post while thinking. Thankfully, her arm was pulled back before she collides with it.

"Something on your mind?" Samuel asks her as he looks up from his phone, one hand tightly gripping her.

"Yeah, but it's nothing big."

(Y/N) looks back down to the burger that was bought for her. The name from that one particular night popped back to her head.

She glances curiously at Samuel. "You know, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Do you know anyone named Jake?"

Samuel lowered his phone slightly at gave her an unreadable look.

"I do know someone. Why?"

"Oh, nothing."

They do know each other, huh. What a coincidence that she happened to meet two people acquainted with each other in such a short time. But then again, Seoul isn't large enough for them to not meet at all.

They continue walking around aimlessly. For some reason, they just meet up in the street and go everywhere with no plan at all.

Not that (Y/N) is complaining. At least this way, she could just randomly point out something that catches her eye, and Samuel would ask her if she wants him to buy it for her.

How nice of him. But really, she knows there is something underneath his nice facade.

As long as he's keeping it up, she'd shamelessly steal every cent and bill in his wallet.

"I happen to also have a question," he says while waiting for the signal to be able to cross the street.

(Y/N) hums as she tosses her trash to the trashbin. She feels fuller now.