𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

A few more weeks had passed and Y/n was in her room in the love estate,working on a new poison and more of the demon turning substance. "Y/n,may I have a paper and pen" Rui tugged on her clothing. She nodded as Rui opened her bag and took out a piece of paper and a pen.

It was a peacefully silence until a soft knock was placed on the door of Y/n's room. She stood up,she made Rui was in the shade before she slid opened the Shoji door, "Y/n-chan! Its your first mission! You and your friend Rylee will be meeting your partners for the mission at the gate!"

Mitsuri squealed. Y/n nodded and went to pick up Rui who was in already walked towards her. Y/n grabbed her sword and put it on her hip before leaving towards the entrance of the demon slayer headquarters.

To her surpise Natsuki and the trio where there. Rylee and Y/n jogged towards them before they left to their mission.

❥︎𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩

Y/n and Rylee both clutched the straps on their bags tightly as they saw the train. "I'm guessing you know what we're doing here" Natsuki asked the two other modern slayers.
"I'm not letting Rengoku die" Rylee and Y/n said with full determination in their eyes.

"You're interfering with the story too much tou two!" Natsuki snapped at them.
"I don't care! The more are alive the better!" Rylee snapped back at them. "The more slayers more are a alive,there'd be a higher chance that more of the pillars will be alive!"

"Okay enough arguing you two,let's get on the train before it leaves without us" Y/n tried to ease the tension between them which thankfully worked.
"I'll be going on my mission now,it's in the western area. Oyakata told me to escort you two here" They saw the train about to leave and rushed to get on it.

They each landed where the boys were landed. Rui and Hana came out of the bags and laid on each of their shoulders.

"We're here for the Flame pillar right? Do you know how he looks?" Zenitsu asked Tanjiro. Tanjiro turned around and looked at Zenitsu with a smile on his face.
"Yeah,he is a man with flashy hair and I remember his scent well. He's very close" Tanjiro replied.

They all jumped due to a loud voice. "TASTY! TASTY! TASTY!" the male yelled repeatedly. They made their way towards the man. "TASTY TASTY TASTY!" he yelled after every bite he took.
"That guy is the flame pillar?" Zenitsu whispered towards Tanjiro.
"TASTY!"

"Yup.." Tanjiro deadpanned.
"Isn't he just a glutton?"
"Yup.." he sweatdropped. Tanjiro got the confidence to talk to the flame pillar as he made his way towards his shoulder. "E-exucse me.. Rengoku-san..?" He mumbled as he kept getting interrupted by the words 'TASTY'

"TASTY!!!" Rengoku screamed as he turned towards Tanjiro.
Tanjiro sweatdropped as he had a concerned and weirder out expression written on his face.
"Ah-I.. understand very well already.." he said with sweat beads dripping the nape of his neck.

❥︎𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩

"Hmm! So that's it!" Rengoku said as he faced forwards with his arms crossed. Tanjiro sat next to Rengoku with Y/n looking down at Rui on her lap as he was playing with the spiderwebs. Zenitsu retraining Inosuke from jumping of the train. Rylee sighed as she continued patting Hana's soft black hair.

"BUT I DONT KNOW! THIS SI THE FIRST TIME IVE HEARD OF 'THE DANCE OF THE FIRE GOD'!" He announced at a high volume. "IM ACTUALLY DELIGHTED TO SEE THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO APPLY YOUR FATHER'S DANCE IN A FIGHT,BUT ENOUGH OF THIS STORY!!" his voice boomed out even though he was sat next to Tanjiro and had no reason to yell.

"Huh?! Could I have a little mor-"
"You should become my Tsugoku! I'll look after you!" He offered as he cut off Tanjiro. Rui stopped playing with his spiderwebs as he grew back to his original size and laid his head on Y/n's lap.

"Please wait!! And where are you even looking?" Tanjiro asked.
"Flame breathing has a long history!" Rengoku started. 'What a weird guy' Zenitsu though as he gave a blank stare at the flame pillar.

THIS IS UNEDITED SO THERE COULD BE GRAMMAR ISSUES!