Chapter 5

Got some sad bits in here... :(

*****

At ten in the morning, I found myself walking through Aurora's cafe with only my phone, wallet, and laptop. After having lunch yesterday with Charles, I spent the remainder of the day planning for Aurora's wedding party. Before he left, he ran up to my art room and took his painting, still making sure that I wouldn't see an inch of it. I honestly don't know how someone can look both stupid and cute at the same time.

My laptop was filled with different photo inspirations such as flowers, cakes, dinner set ups, and the like. I needed some input from Aurora about the design of the place and if she would be interested in a garden party. She and Leo weren't ones for extravagance so I thought that my backyard would be a perfect setting.

When I walked into the cafe, she was nowhere to be found but there were a few customers there would had their drinks. I set down my things on the counter and opened it while waiting for Aurora. When she did come out, she was holding a box of milk with Leo trailing behind her.

"Ah, buongiorno Valentine!" [Ah, good day Valentine!] He greeted before setting down the box by the floor. I gave him a small smile and leaned forward to give him some air kisses.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Aurora asked, grabbing a cup and already making a drink for me.

I turned my laptop the other way around to show them what I had been working on. "I needed your comments." I had a mood board of everything I've compiled and I watched as Aurora's face changed from questioning to welling up in tears. Beside her, Leo squeezed her shoulder and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Is that a good reaction?"

Aurora sniffed and wiped away the small tear that slid down her cheek. "Yes. I'm still a bit furious that you're being stubborn about this but I can't help but be thankful for your stubbornness as well. Give me a minute." She said, grabbing some tissues and making her way to the bathroom.

Leo and I followed her movement until she was behind the closed door. I turned to Leo with a smile on my face as he still gazed at the spot Aurora disappeared to. "Thank you for this." He said as he played with the tattoo on his finger. "I knew how she badly wanted to have a wedding of her own and it was heartbreaking to not be able to give it to her. The vineyard hasn't been doing well so the family financials are as tight as a rope at the moment."

"I'd do anything for Aurora, and now by extension, you as well." I smiled. "Speaking of your vineyard, would you mind if I took a trip down there? We could use some bottles for your party and I was thinking of bringing home some as well."

"Of course." Leo nodded his head, grabbing a piece of paper and scribbling a name. "I wouldn't be there much this week since we're currently meeting new investors but Matteo can help you around." He gave me the paper with Matteo's number on it and I kept in in my wallet so as not to lose it. "Now, I have one request for the party that I'd like to keep a secret from Aurora first."

I raised an eyebrow at him and listened as he spoke. His idea was incredibly sweet and I made sure to make it happen. When Aurora came back, her face was now more fresh and she managed to go through everything I've listed without bursting into tears for about fifteen minutes. She didn't have much to change, only requesting that the food be left to her mother to prepare and that the guests would only be about sixty people at most.

I stayed at her cafe for another hour, making calls here and there to book appointments. The goal was to have the wedding in two weeks which could be a nightmare if I don't prepare everything properly.

Which is why I found myself driving home and parking in front of a house that was not mine.

My car was parked beside Charles' Ferrari. I had texted him before leaving the cafe if we could meet but I have yet to receive a reply. I locked my car and went up the stairs leading to the front door which was oddly enough left ajar.