Chapter 51

We got a revelation at the end of this chapter 👀

Enjoy!

*****

After six months, I was back in front of my house that started it all. Navi, Milo, and Ace were staying over at my house while the others headed for the one Charles rented since his had more bedrooms. Aurora and Leo had gone home and we promised to stop by Aurora's cafe after settling in. I went through all of the rooms to make sure everything was okay, moving around some stuff so that it wouldn't be as messy.

When I was leaving my art room, my eyes caught the camera I used during Aurora and Leo's wedding, forgetting that I had left it here. I knew there were still some shots left with the film I used so I picked it up. We were meeting at the other house first since Ace and Milo wanted to see it.

"Babe, your house looks amazing." Milo said as his eyes continued to roam over the second floor. "I'm tempted to buy a house in Italy as well."

"You're tempted? I'm already looking at houses online." Ace said when he emerged from my small library, phone in hand. I shook my head at the couple and made my way downstairs where Navi was smoking in the backyard.

"Ready to go?" She asked when she saw us and I nodded my head. She put out her cigarette and closed the doors leading to the backyard as we all walked out of the house.

I let Milo, Ace, and Navi walk in front of me as we made our way to the house Charles used to– well, not at the moment– stay in. I'm hit with the memories of us rewatching races and working out in his backyard. I remember him letting me sit in his simulator as he spent half an hour explaining the mechanism of the steering wheel. The door opened, revealing Charles and his eyes immediately connected with mine. I showed him a small smile before taking a deep breath, catching up with the others who were already by the front door.

"It's a good thing you were able to rent this on such short notice." I told him as I walked through the doors.

Charles scratched the back of his head, looking down as he closed the door. "Yeah, about that." I looked at him curiously but before he could continue, Daniel's voice boomed through the living room when he realized we were finally here.

"I'm starving. How far is Aurora's cafe?" Everyone hummed in agreement so we all decided to leave despite just arriving.

They wanted to take advantage of the weather so we chose to walk to town, me falling into step beside Yuki and Pierre who seemed to be having a serious conversation. "Everything okay?" I asked, linking my arms with theirs.

"Yes, but Pierre doesn't think so." Yuki said, raising an eyebrow at his teammate. I glanced at Pierre who didn't say anything, biting his lip as a look of conflict went through his eyes. I turned back to Yuki who didn't hesitate to explain. "Red Bull's been in contact with him."

I gasped, turning back to Pierre with wide eyes. Everyone knows that there's always a possibility of Pierre coming back to Red Bull. He's told me all about the fiasco during 2019 and I still can't help but give Christian Horner a glare whenever I see him around the paddock. Pierre has always hoped for some redemption on the short time he spent in Red Bull and he proved them wrong when he won at Monza in 2020.

"Where's Checo moving?" I asked since it was unlikely that the team would be letting go of Max. He was their lead driver and has been performing well during the season.

"I think he's looking at Aston Martin." Pierre said and I couldn't help but let out another gasp.

"How about Seb?" Neither of them replied and my shoulders sagged in disappointment. Ever since Lewis and Fernando retired the last three years, with Lewis retiring last year and Fernando in 2021, Seb was the only other world champion aside from Charles. Not seeing him on the grid was definitely going to be heartbreaking especially for fans that have been following him since his Red Bull days. "Well, what are your thoughts right now?" I asked Pierre, bringing back the conversation to him.