Chapter 56

Updating this early so that I don't forget about it lol

Enjoy!

*****

When I arrived at Daniel's house, I didn't expect to have a competitive game of Monopoly.

We had just finished dinner and were all hanging out in his living room eating the dessert I bought. Well, I was eating dessert while they watched in envy because they were on a strict diet. Lando got bored and asked Daniel if he had any games and as soon as he whipped out the box of Monopoly, the Brit was positively energetic. It was the original game and like I always do, I grabbed the boat. Daniel snatched the shoe before any of them could and Lando and Alex spent five minutes fighting over who got the car. Sadly, Lily wasn't able to make it since she was drained from spending the entire afternoon on the course but she did ring Alex for a short call.

"Oh, stop being brats and just pick." Daniel said, frustrated that the game hadn't started yet. The two boys played rock paper scissors to decide who was getting the car and Alex won, a grin on his face as Lando pouted in defeat.

I knew F1 drivers were competitive but I never expected them to be the same in a simple board game. They were buying every property they landed on and Alex was trying to complete a set. Unfortunately, he failed in doing this when at least one lot in a set was already spread throughout the four of us. I was holding the most expensive one, Boardwalk, when I rolled the dice wishing that I'd land on Park Place.

"Yes!" I cheered when the number five appeared on the dice and the boys groaned as I bought Park Place, exchanging my money from the box. The game went on for another hour because the negotiations had set in. No matter how many attempts they made at buying my lots, I didn't budge.

It was nearing eleven in the evening when the doorbell rang and Daniel stood up to open the door. It was Lando's turn so he was focused on whispering into his palms where the dice was kept, wishing that he wouldn't land in jail where Alex was.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Charles walking in with Daniel, free of the casual coat he was wearing earlier. "I see you're having an eventful night." He said, taking a seat on the sofa behind me. The four of us were sitting on the floor while the board game was on top of the coffee table.

"Mate, shush." Lando said, eyes still closed. I stifled a laugh as Charles raised an eyebrow at him before chuckling.

"How was dinner?" I asked, leaning my head back as I looked at him, his face upside down because of my position. Charles noticed this and smiled widely at me, leaning forward to tap my forehead with his index finger.

"It was great. I'll tell you about it later." He whispered as he glanced at the three other drivers in our presence. I was surprised when a green house from the game hit Charles' shoulder, looking back at Daniel who was glaring at us.

"Charles, stop distracting Valentine. We're in the middle of the game." I shook my head at Daniel before grabbing the dice and and rolling it. I was growing tired especially since the game was now mostly filled with negotiations.

The other three grew tired of it as well and we ended up tallying our funds and the property we owned. Daniel was in fourth place but he didn't really care since it was just a board game. I placed third while Lando and Alex fought for first place. They were both secretive about their total amounts at first, not wanting to know if they lost to the other, but Lando finally said his and he ended up winning. He stood up and ran around Daniel's living room, arms raised above his head as he did a victory lap. I couldn't help but take a video and send it to Luisa who immediately replied.