Chapter 67

I wrote a light chapter to compensate for all the drama in the first half of this story 😂

Enjoy!

*****

I'm surprised that despite the amount of media buzz Charles and I have created, we haven't had a full-blown freak out yet. I think we've both developed an 'I don't care' attitude with all the scandals we've survived in the past.

Since there were two weeks in between the Japanese grand prix and the United States grand prix, both of our managers decided it would be better if we showed everyone that things were normal on our side. This meant going back to our respective homes and continuing with work.

I spent the past week and a half attending table readings and meetings with producers, sometimes even flying out of Los Angeles and to Tuscany to inspect the sites we'd be filming in. I only spent a few hours there and tried to fit as much of the site visits in my schedule because I didn't want to keep flying back and forth.

I've refrained from going around downtown L.A., letting Olivia do my errands for me because I didn't want to risk being ambushed by the paparazzi. Charles agreed because he knows how I was crowded in with Pierre before and knowing now, it would be much worse. As for him, he went back to Monaco after Suzuka and spent some time with his and Jules' family (most of which are looking forward to meeting me, based on what he said). A week before he had to fly for the next race, he visited Maranello with Carlos to do some media work.

Today was Friday, meaning all of the drivers would be preparing for free practice. I flew in this morning with Elliana and the two of us headed straight to the track. It was particularly warm today so I settled on wearing a plain black shirt, an emerald green satin skirt, and black high top converse. Along with Elliana, I had a pair of sunglasses over my eyes which were partly to fight the sunlight and for people not to see my eyes in case there are unfavourable comments.

We were waiting for Milo by the entrance since he was arriving from the hotel. The two of us were about to cross the entrance when a few fans called Elliana's name, waving me over as well.

"Hey, guys." Elliana smiled at the three girls who were each wearing different shirts— one in Mclaren, one in Ferrari, and another in Red Bull.

"Oh my gosh. Hi." The one wearing the Red Bull said, shyly waiving at us.

"Hi, are you guys ready for the race this weekend?" I asked, feeling the other people's eyes on us as we talked with them over the barricade.

"Absolutely! I'm hoping for a podium finish for McLaren."

"I'm sure Lando and Daniel would be happy to hear that." I smiled and the girl squealed at the mention of the two drivers. "What are your names, by the way?"

They introduced themselves and I found out that Maria was the one wearing the Ferrari shirt, Riley in McLaren, and Savannah in Red Bull.

"I'm a bit disappointed that no one is wearing AlphaTauri." Elliana pouted and Maria and Riley smiled sheepishly while Savannah's eyes brightened.

"I can fix that."

She opened her bag and pulled out a navy blue AlphaTauri cap, grinning at Elliana. "I love you already." We chatted with the girls for a bit until we heard screams from the other side of the walkway. I turned my head to see Pierre and Charles walking from the parking lot, pass lanyards held in each of their hands. "Babe!" Elliana called and Pierre's head turned towards our direction, a smile immediately forming on his face. This caused Charles to look our way as well and he smiled when I raised my hand to wave at him.