Bonus chapter #3

Hey guys! HAPPY 800K!! Wow, you guys don't know how happy I am 🥰

By the way, if you're a reader of Apex, I've been busy with school since it started last Monday. I only have a year of uni left and I'm starting my thesis this term hehe

This will be the last bonus chapter for Lock Up and again, I can't thank you enough for all the love you guys have given ever since I began writing this.

Enjoy!

*****

"I gotta say, I'm not surprised." Navi said when she arrived at Charles' childhood home, a small suitcase behind her. "You two have a tendency to stay away from anything traditional."

"Well, hello to you too." I smiled, giving her a hug since it's been a while since I last saw her.

Everyone greeted Navi when I went back to the kitchen with her in tow. Introductions were made and I snickered when Arthur stuttered upon introducing himself. I recently learned that he's had a small crush on my best friend ever since he met her during one of the races. I've asked Navi regarding her thoughts on the youngest Leclerc and she only raised an eyebrow at me, not saying a single word.

When she was about to hug Charles, she crossed an arm over her chest and glared at me.

"What?" He asked, arms wide open. He glanced at me and I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever it is, I'm sorry."

"I know you're head over heels in love with my best friend but you know I won't hesitate to kill you if you hurt her, right?"

A snort escaped my lips when Charles' eyes widened and he visibly gulped, fear in his eyes. My parents and Pascale were watching us with amusement from their place in the kitchen counter while Lorenzo and Arthur were trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

"Stop tormenting my fiancée." I told Navi, moving to stand beside Charles. "Stop being a baby." I told him when he moved to stand behind me instead as if he was shielding himself from my best friend.

"Maid of honor? More like kill in your honor." Charles whispered in my ear and I nudged his ribs with my elbows.

The rest of the morning was spent lounging around before we had to get ready for our intimate ceremony in the afternoon. I already told Pascale that she didn't need to prepare anything special but she only shook her head at me, ignoring every attempt that Charles and I had at saying that simplicity was all we wanted.

It didn't help that my mother agreed with her and helped with the planning as well.

Navi was helping me get ready, the parents saying that since we already broke tradition of not seeing each other overnight, it was better to at least have an hour before the ceremony of not seeing each other.

"This is stupid." Charles said as he stood in front of the guest bedroom that I was using to get ready in.

"I know." I grinned, leaning up to plant a chaste kiss on his lips. "Now, go before your mother sees us and decides that an hour isn't enough."

He chuckled before leaning in and kissing me, longer this time. He sighed against my lips before stepping away. "Should I start calling you Leclerc after today?" He asked, walking backwards to where he was going to prepare in Arthur's room.

"I don't think you could ever let go of calling me Bellerose." I winked before closing the door, hearing him laugh before it got droned out.

Since news of our engagement hit a few months ago, Milo has been bugging me about having an engagement party. He took it upon himself to tell Aurora and Navi to plan one since he was busy preparing for his own wedding. I remember the day where he literally sent a message to our group chat which held a bunch of dates where he was free and had no commitments for his and Ace's wedding. I let him have his fun since I know that when he finds out that I'm having my wedding without him, he's going to cause a fit. At least if he complains, I can just say that I didn't want to overshadow his wedding by having my own.