Chapter 66

So how's your silly season going so far?

Enjoy!

*****

The practice sessions went well for Ferrari and I waited back in my hotel room for Charles. I still haven't told him about the meetup later since I couldn't just head down to the Ferrari garage.

While waiting for him, I put on a movie and closed the curtains, dimming the lights as well so I'd have something similar to a cinema. The Holiday was playing and I was halfway with the movie when the sound of the door unlocking reached my ears.

I smiled as Charles walked in dressed in a Ferrari shirt and black shorts, dropping his duffel bag by the floor before heading to me. I was lying on the middle of the bed and he didn't even bother moving to my side. Charles dropped right by the middle as well but his body was in a completely different direction, feet hanging by the edge of the bed and head on my stomach.

"Tired?" I asked, shifting a little and planting a kiss on his forehead.

"And hungry." He grumbled, moving up and wrapping his arms around me. I laughed when he placed his head over my chest and my fingers found their way to his hair. "I talked to Nicolas before I left the track."

"What'd he say?"

"It's not Giovanni. He gave Nicolas the only copy he had which was on a hard drive." I frowned, realizing that we had reached a dead end. "He did offer a bit of help."

"That sounds suspicious." I replied, and Charles nodded his head. "Did he ask for anything in return?"

Charles scoffed and lifted his head off my chest, moving beside me to lean his back on the headboard. "Of course he did. He asked for a recommendation to a driver that's in Le Mans. I had nothing nice to say about him so Nicolas drafted it for me." I shook my head, not expecting anything given in good faith by Giovanni. That man always has an agenda and when he gives, he wants something in return. "Giovanni directed us to Aurora's cousin and I've already messaged them but it's going to take a while for them to reply with the time difference."

I nodded my head as Charles picked up my hand and began playing with my fingers. "By the way, we have a meeting in half an hour." I said and Charles' eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "Milo's meeting the guy Chiara's been caught in the pictures with."

Charles didn't even bat an eye much less an emotion at the mention of the mystery guy. He most likely didn't care about him since he technically wasn't in a real relationship with Chiara at the time but if this guy could help us figure out how to solve our problem, then it's our best chance.

"I need another good thing for today. Can we go get sushi afterwards?" He asked and I smiled at how cute he looked.

"What's the other thing?" I asked him as Charles shifted on the bed once again, lying his head down on my lap and closing his eyes, right hand still linked with my left.

"You." I smiled widely before kissing his cheek and letting him take a nap while I finished the movie. Five minutes before we had to leave, I lightly shook Charles' shoulder to wake him up. We were only having the meetup at a restaurant outside of the hotel and Milo would be meeting us by the lobby.

I changed into an oversized cream hoodie, keeping the lightwash jeans I was still wearing. It wouldn't be freezing outside but the temperature would probably drop a degree or two by the time we go out for sushi. Charles placed a cap over his head and wore a black hoodie over his shirt but it didn't help that much because it the cap had a Ferrari logo and his number on the side.