Chapter 63

I'm baaaaaack :)) Thank you for all the birthday greetings 🤍 I made sure to write so that I wouldn't leave you guys hanging sooo

Enjoy!

*****

Charles and I arrived in L.A. separately. I left Milan earlier by two days since he had to drop by Maranello first to see the upgrades they were planning to bring to Singapore.

I was currently waiting for him outside of the airport, staying inside of my car. I told him to be discreet because the paparazzi in L.A. were vicious and one photo of him here would cause suspicions. He already knew the plate number of my car so it didn't take long for him to find me, placing his bags in the backseat before getting into the passenger seat.

"Hey, Bellerose." Charles said, leaning forward to give me a soft kiss.

"Hi." I smiled when he pulled away and Charles smiled before putting on his seatbelt. "How was the flight?"

"I slept the entire time. I think the last time I slept for more than eight hours was when we were in Tuscany." Charles said, grabbing my hand that was by the center console and linking it with his. "How has work been?"

"Slow, which is what I want. Milo found out you were staying with me so he invited us over for dinner." He went back to L.A. as well and will be joined by Ace after a few days since he's spending some time with his family back in the UK. Milo has been bugging me nonstop about when Charles will be arriving and I have an inclination that he wants to spend more time with Charles to interrogate him.

"As long as he shows me his car collection, I'm free." Charles said and I shook my head at him. He and Milo have talked about their personal collections and I can't wait to see Charles' face when he realizes that Milo has an insane collection at his house. Milo has a tendency to buy cars that don't hold his family name.

From the airport, I headed straight for my house since Charles was most likely still feeling jet lagged. When I parked my car, Olivia stepped out of the front door, carrying things from her car into the living room.

"Welcome to L.A., Charles." She said, giving him a nod as we got out.

"Nice to see you again, Olivia." Charles smiled and we all entered through the front door. I set my keys by the small table I placed near the entrance, taking off my shoes. Charles did the same as his eyes scanned the first floor of my house. "I want to guess that you have an art room in here."

I smiled and shook my head. "Only Italy has that." He chuckled and I grabbed his hand to lead him to the kitchen. Olivia was probably in my office, taking care of some PR stuff that was sent to me. "Anything you wanna do before we go to Milo's for dinner?" I asked over my shoulder, letting go of his hand to get something to drink from the refrigerator.

I felt Charles' arms wrap around my waist, chin settling on my shoulder, before he placed a soft kiss on the side of my neck. I couldn't help but smirk as I got two bottles of orange juice. "Are those avocados?" Charles asked and my smirk was wiped away as a laugh spilled from my lips. "Please tell me those aren't for me."

"Don't worry, I'm not that evil." I said, walking backwards and expecting him to let go but Charles held on, following my direction until I felt him lean against the kitchen island. "Just don't mention your hate for avocado toast to Milo or else that's all he's going to give you for dinner." I turned around, setting his orange juice beside him while I opened mine.

I watched as Charles' eyes followed my actions, particularly my lips as I drank from the bottle. His hands tightened their hold on my waist when I returned the bottle cap to its place and wiped my lips with the pad of my thumb. "That's not true. You've got some evil in you." He smirked, biting his lip before leaning forward to kiss me.