Chapter 12

Hey guysss uploading a bit earlier than planned because I've had a pretty stressful day and I wrote to get rid of my stress ughhh it's so hard to be a citizen of a third world country :((

Enjoy!

*****

It took Charles and I a full day to recover from the wine tasting.

We went through four batches which came to a total of twelve glasses each. At some point, I think it was the third or fourth batch, we ended up asking the waiter to add more wine to the glasses which led to us having to sober up the entire night so that we could drive home. We were only able to feel the results of the hangover the morning after when we found ourselves passed out in my living room.

Despite the very eventful day, I still managed to order the bottles for the wedding as well as a few that I would be bringing home with me. It's been two days since we visited the vineyard and I decided that this morning was going to be spent in bed. Taylor sent me a list of things to do for my workout and I was debating if I should do them or postpone it for another day.

While I was messaging Taylor, Charles' name popped up as he sent me a message.

Leclerc: look what I found on my phone

An image was attached and my eyes widened at a drunk photo of me, holding two wine glasses over my head as if they were horns. Another photo came in and it was of Charles this time but he was holding the wine glass like a telescope.

Bellerose: we look stupid

Leclerc: what do you mean we? I look handsome

Bellerose: you are clearly still drunk

I locked my phone and moved my position on the bed, burying my face into the pillow to lull myself back to sleep. My phone vibrated again and I ignored it, thinking it was Taylor but then the vibrations didn't stop. I patted around my bed until I found my phone and opened it to see a bunch of messages from Charles.

Leclerc: are you still in bed

I need a workout buddy

please?

Bellerose wake up

wake uuuuuuup

Bellerose: no

Leclerc: come on what happened to being healthy

Bellerose: I'm still healthy so no thanks

Leclerc: I'm gonna call Taylor

Bellerose: you don't even know her last name

Leclerc: I have my ways 😉

Bellerose: I'll work out with you but you have to come with me this afternoon

Leclerc: where?

Bellerose: it's a surprise

With a groan, I stood up and changed into some workout clothes, pulling out a dark blue set and a black Nike windbreaker to fight the cold. I arrived in front of Charles' house ten minutes later and discovered that the front door was unlocked. For someone who earns as much as he does, he's very relaxed when it comes to his security.

I made sure to lock the door before finding him inside the house. The doors to the backyard were open so I headed for that direction and found him setting up the equipment. There were a bunch of weight plates, resistance bands, as well as kettlebells. I sighed deeply as Charles laid out two yoga mats in the middle of it all and he laughed at the look on my face.