Chapter 71

While Charles flew to Maranello to prepare for Brazil, I went back to L.A. to have my final meeting for the foundation. The Brazilian grand prix would be closely followed by Abu Dhabi so it wouldn't make sense to go back and forth.

I was meeting a previous co-star of mine, Dante Amoro. It's been a while since I last saw him, about almost two years, since after the film we made together, he flew back to Spain and began a foundation of his own. It's focused on addressing discrimination within the educational sector. From what Olivia has told me, he has a younger sister that was born with autism spectrum disorder or ASD. She's been homeschooled for years since most of the schools in their community were not catered to kids with disabilities. Because of this, Dante's foundation focused on incorporating the needs of disabled kids into the curriculum so that they wouldn't be forced to have an education that was different and less diverse compared to others.

When I reached out to him, he was more than enthusiastic about flying back to L.A. for a few weeks, saying that he missed the life of Hollywood and wouldn't mind coming back for a short vacation.

We were meeting for dinner at a restaurant not far from his hotel and I was surprised that he wasn't alone. "Valentine," Dante greeted, standing up to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "It's so great to see you again."

"Thank you for making the time to meet me." I smiled and Dante shook his head.

"The vacation was long overdue as well." He turned to the other person sitting in front of the table who stood up shyly, eyes downcast to the ground. "This is my sister, Daria."

"Hi." Daria said, slowly raising her hand and looking up at me.

"Hello, there." I smiled, giving her a wink and the smallest of smiles formed on Daria's face. We sat down and checked the menu to order some food. I noticed Daria glancing at the milkshakes portion of the menu, debating whether or not she should get it. I leaned forward to her side and whispered, "Are you getting a milkshake? I might have the oreo flavored one."

"I like chocolate." She said, grinning and I nodded my head, making sure to order hers as well.

"So, tell me about this foundation." Dante said as the waiter left after taking our orders. I saw Daria grab a book from her bag and I raised an eyebrow at Dante after seeing the title. I've never seen a twelve year old read Jane Austen. Dante shrugged after reading my face and smiled at his little sister who was very focused. "She's found her passion for collecting the classics."

I didn't hesitate to dive right into it, explaining to Dante what the foundation would be about and how I envision it will be in five to ten years. He's asked questions as well, obviously having read the booklet that I created along with Olivia and Zola and sent to him beforehand. It was evident that Dante had learned a lot after establishing his own foundation and he offered a few tips as well for me when it came to the admin work I'd have to participate in.

"Any questions?" I asked after I explained everything I could to him. Our food had arrived mid-conversation and Daria listened in as well, but as soon as she finished eating, she was back to reading her book.

"Two, actually." Dante said, raising two of his fingers. "First, why Parkinson's?"

I bit my lip and looked around. As usual, I could feel the glances of the people around us but Dante and I paid them no mind. I debated whether or not I was going to give him a general answer but knowing who this foundation really was for, I knew I couldn't give anything away. "That's not mine to share." I said, giving him a tentative smile.

Dante raised an eyebrow at my answer but didn't push to know more. "Second," He began, a small smile forming on his lips. "How much do you need and who do I write the check to?"