Chapter 48

Happy race week! I'm excited for the upcoming race but sad as well because summer break happens after :(

Enjoy!

*****

The next morning, I found myself in bed wearing the same clothes from last night. A massive headache had formed in my head but thankfully, my face was free from makeup when I went inside the bathroom.

I took a shower first to freshen up and changed into some sweatshorts and a white tank top, putting on a navy blue bikini underneath in case we went swimming. I didn't bother drying my hair as I went downstairs, hearing voices from the living room. I could smell food and I sighed in content as I saw a table full of plates filled with pancakes, fruit, eggs, and cereal.

"Good morning." Ace greeted as he went out of the kitchen wearing an apron. Milo followed behind him, carrying a pot of coffee.

"You guys are the best." I said, giving them a kiss on the cheek before sitting next to Heidi.

Yuki was the worst one out of all of us, shoulders slouched as he played around with his food. Surprisingly, Daniel was cheerful despite being one of the few drunks from what I remember last night. Aside from him and Yuki, Aurora got drunk as well but she seems to have recovered, hair wet from a shower just like mine.

"What's the plan for today?" Leo asked as Aurora placed her head on his shoulder.

"We could take the boat out?" Heidi suggested and we all agreed until Pierre raised his hand.

"Does anyone know how to drive a boat?" Everyone fell silent until Charles raised his hand, not being able to speak because he had some food in his mouth. "Mate, you know how to drive a boat?"

"Riva's one of our main sponsors. It'd be disrespectful not to." Charles chuckled and we all agreed to be ready to leave in thirty minutes.

After eating, everyone went upstairs to change while I headed for the kitchen to make some tea. I was choosing between the array of tea choices in the pantry when I heard someone enter the kitchen.

"Hey." I smiled at Charles who held the plates we ate in earlier. I was planning to bring them back here while I steeped some tea but I guess he beat me to it.

"Are you making tea?" He asked, setting the plates down and moving to stand beside me. I nodded my head and he looked at the pantry before grabbing the box that held the dried hibiscus flowers. "This is the one you made before, right?"

"Yes." I chuckled, grabbing the box from him and taking out the reusable tea bags. "Still drinking with three teaspoons of honey?"

"Yes, please." He replied, moving over to the sink to wash the dishes. I'm hit with déjà vu from that first time I invited him into my house because he looked so stressed while training his reaction times.

I plopped myself on the counter as I waited for the tea to get ready while Charles washed the dishes, humming a tune.

"What song is that?" I asked and he turned his head to look at me from behind before giving me a shy smile.

"Nothing. Just a few notes I've been playing with." My eyes widened and I didn't even realize I was smiling until I caught my reflection on the refrigerator door. "I've been itching to test it with the piano upstairs."

"There's a piano in the house?" I asked, tone laced with surprise, and Charles chuckled.

"Have you even explored the second floor?" He asked, wiping his hands when he finished washing the dishes. I bit my lip and shook my head and Charles smiled. "There's a sitting room upstairs that has a white grand piano standing in front of a small balcony. I'm planning to play later tonight, if you want to join." He offered and I nodded my head enthusiastically. I missed hearing him play. He's posted a few videos online of him using his piano at home, but nothing beats a live experience.