Chapter 29

It's currently seven p.m. where I'm from but I woke up earlier today to see we've passed 11k 🥹 thank you guys!!

Enjoy!

*****

I showed up for breakfast with a frown on my face. When I went up last night, I didn't share anything about what had just happened and put on a brave face as I talked to Navi and Elliana. I feel like Navi noticed because I could feel her eyes on me when I woke up this morning and said I was going to the hotel's gym for a morning workout. I told them to go ahead to the buffet and I'd follow in a few minutes.

For today, I was wearing white high waist shorts and a blue button up. My hair was tied in a neat bun while I had sunglasses on my face partly because of the sun and also because I didn't want anyone to see how down I was.

"Okay, what happened last night?" Navi asked me. We were the only ones in the table since Milo and Elliana stood up to get some food.

"Nothing." I said, playing with the scrambled eggs I got. I wasn't in the mood to eat but I knew I had to or else my trainer would kill me.

Navi grabbed my fork, causing me to glance at her. "Val, come on."

I sighed and massaged my temples before turning to face her. I looked around in case Milo and Elliana were coming back but saw them sit down at a table of someone they knew.

"Charles and I talked last night." I sighed, remembering what happened once again. Well, it's not like I've had anything else on my mind. "Basically, we're giving each other space right now."

"Is this your decision or his?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"His." I said and she nodded her head, leaning back on her chair. "I'm kind of thankful that it's his because I know I wouldn't have done it. But also—"

"You feel like doing this would mean losing him."

I bit my lip and nodded my head. I know he said we were still friends but with the way we ended last night, it felt like that was going to be the last personal conversation we were going to have for a while. Maybe a few hellos here and there, but that's it.

"Ugh, why aren't things easier?" I groaned and Navi patted me on the back. We didn't get to talk about it more since Milo and Elliana came back.

We all headed over to the paddock after breakfast. On the way to Mercedes, we passed by Pierre and Yuki Tsunoda who were coming from their hospitality. Pierre kissed me on the cheek before wrapping an arm around Yuki's shoulders.

"Valentine, meet Yuki my team—" Yuki coughed and looked expectantly at Pierre who rolled his eyes in return. "Sorry, my amazing and talented teammate." Yuki showed me a bright smile which I returned while Pierre leaned closer to whisper, "He blackmailed me to say that."

"It was lovely to meet you, Yuki. Good luck out there." I smiled to the both of them before catching up with Navi and the others who had stopped walking a few meters away.

We entered the Mercedes garage and just like during qualifying, we were given headphones as well. Since the race wasn't going to start yet, I just placed the headphones around my neck and leaned on the small barrier set up here in the garage. Everyone was already on the grid and were just waiting for the last few minutes. Despite the lack of drivers and team principals in the pits, cameras still walked around along with a few reporters.

One of them saw us and immediately headed for our direction. I cast a look towards Milo and Elliana, signalling my head towards the reporter. On instinct, the three of us showed small smiles on our faces while Navi hung around in the background, not wanting to be caught under the spotlight.