Bonus Chapter #2

Here's the second bonus chapter :))

Enjoy!

*****

I never expected Formula One to make me feel this stressed.

I've been to more than fifty races, even going with Charles through one season when I took a break from acting and directing. It's safe to say that my face has become a regular on the paddock as well as in the Ferrari garage. I've seen different people leave and arrive in the industry, growing closer to the team itsel. Specifically, I spent most of my time in the garage with Andrea, Xavier, Gemma, and Dante. Gemma was Charles' new PR officer while Dante was the current team principal of Ferrari, replacing Mattia back in 2025.

Dante Mancini was one of the greatest team principals on the grid. After losing one championship to Mercedes due to the wrong decisions called upon by Mattia, it was decided that moving him to Le Mans would be better for the team. His past achievements for Ferrari were cherished but it was obvious during that season that if he had chosen better, Charles would be on the same level as Lewis Hamilton and Michael Schumacher by then.

I was at home in Los Angeles ever since the grand prix in Austin five weeks ago. That was the last race I attended since Charles didn't want me flying around because I was thirty one weeks pregnant. I kept on persuading him that I could go to the Mexican grand prix as well since my doctor had cleared me but he kept on making excuses about the heat as if I wasn't already used to it in California. Now, I was due anytime this week and the thought of having a baby is both exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

During that week, I let my hormones get the best of me and was basically in a mood the entire time. Navi was staying with me at home since she was back to living over American soil, working for an architectural firm in downtown L.A.

Charles was on a flight back from Abu Dhabi, coming back home a bit disappointed since he only placed third in the championship, the car for the season having reliability issues and being unable to compete with Red Bull and Mercedes. I remember reassuring him that next season will be better before he got on the flight with Pierre, Ace, and Milo.

Navi and I were eating dinner at home, having just finished watching a replay of the last race since I was asleep when it happened, when the first contraction occurred. I think I was so stressed with the last few laps of the race that it pushed me to have the baby today, with Charles almost having a collission with George. It wasn't that painful and I even passed it off as just the usual ache but then it happened again a few minutes later.

"Fuck." I cursed as my right hand moved over my belly and Navi looked at me alarmingly.

"What? What's wrong? What do you feel?"

"I think—" I was cut off when I felt something warm down my leg and I looked down to see water on the tiled floor. "Oh my god."

"Valentine, what the fuck is going on?" She asked, standing up and moving to stand beside me. When she followed my gaze, her eyes widened and her mouth parted in shock. "Oh my god, indeed."

Without another word, she grabbed the bag we had already prepared beforehand, her phone pressed against her ear the entire time as I moved to sit in the living room, trying to breathe as normal as possible. As Navi talked to Olivia on the phone, I dialed Charles' number and waited for three rings before he picked up.

"Bellerose." He greeted, voice lighter than earlier. "Everything okay?"

"How long before your plane lands?" I asked him, not bothering to answer his question. Navi waved me over, holding her hand out for me to take as I stood up and we headed for the garage where her car was parked.