Chapter 16

It's weird that this story is currently #9 under max verstappen but he hasn't even appeared yet 😂

Enjoy!

*****

The drive to the University of Bologna took about an hour and a half. We decided to take my car since Charles' would grab too much attention, seeing as he was the only one with that design. The car ride was spent talking about my friendship with Navi and me warning Charles about her sarcasm.

Navi has always been the rebellious type but only when it comes to her family. Her parents wanted her to be a lawyer like her older brother but she refused immediately, saying she'd rather find a rich man to marry than go to law school. She found her love for drawing back when she was sixteen and decided to continue with it as a profession. I've always admired her for wanting to go to college because I chose not to. Having a degree is a different kind of challenge and I commend her greatly for the time and dedication she has for it.

I texted Navi asking her where she was since I knew her day had already ended. She's sent me a copy of her schedule every semester and thankfully Aurora's wedding coincided with a university break for the entire weekend. She hasn't replied yet but when I saw her walking down the stairs from what appeared to be the library, I smiled and got out of the car. "Stay here." I told Charles and he nodded his head, putting on a cap and sunglasses.

I leaned on the car and waited as Navi noticed me, my sunglasses perched on the top of my nose. She was on her phone and most likely just seeing my message. It was when I cleared my throat that she looked up and her mouth fell open in shock.

It took her literally five seconds before she came over and gave me a hug and pulled away, slapping me with one of her books. "What the fuck are you doing here?!" I was about to answer when realization dawned on her and she slapped me with her book once more. "You've been in Italy this entire time? I hate you."

"I missed you, too." I said, grabbing the book away from her because I had a feeling she was going to hit me harder the third time. "I'm kidnapping you for the weekend."

"But I have a ton of work to do." I raised an eyebrow at her, not believing the sincerity in her words. "I do but I don't care. Kidnap me all you want." We had to pass by her apartment to get some things so Navi got into the backseat while I returned to my seat beside Charles. Her eyes met his through the rear view mirror and her forehead scrunched up in confusion.

"Hello." He greeted, giving her a small wave.

"Charles Leclerc." Navi stated and my eyes widened in shock while Charles smirked before turning to me.

"Your best friend gives me one look and already knows who I am, unlike you." He said and I nudged his side with my elbow.

"Care to tell me why we have a Formule One driver here?" Navi asked me, situating herself in the middle of the backseat. "Has he retired and decided that being a chauffeur is his true calling?"

"Navi meet Charles." I said, gesturing towards the two of them and Navi returned the small wave Charles gave earlier, a smirk on her face. "He's staying in Tuscany for the same reasons I am." I didn't want to dwell on the details but in general, we are somewhat on the same boat.

Navi leaned back on the chair and placed her arms behind her head. "Ah, the difficulties of being a celebrity and earning at least forty million dollars a year."

My head whipped in Charles' direction while he bit his lip, eyes focused on the road. Navi must be talking about him because even I don't earn that much in a year. "I think I need to switch from acting to motorsport." I joked and Charles chuckled.