Chapter 44

We're about to reach the second part of this story which is going to start in Italy 👀

Enjoy!

*****

I stayed in London for another week. After the party, I slept over at Ace's house since he and Milo convinced me to check out of my hotel. The day after the birthday bash, I went out to dinner with Grey and basically spent the next day with him as well. I had some work to do in London which were mainly meetings with brands that hired me for their campaigns while Grey had to train for their upcoming game. It was a good thing his game wasn't that late because I was taking a red eye back to L.A. afterwards.

He invited me to a game that was happening on Sunday, the same day as the Austrian grand prix. When I told Milo and Pierre about it, the both of them urged me to go despite the frown on Pierre's face that I'd be missing the race.

Which is why I found myself sitting inside one of the VIP areas of the London Stadium, watching as Grey played on the field. He was a very good player but I gotta say, I haven't fully invested myself in the sport to know everything that was happening on the field.

I had my phone on my lap which was full of texts from Milo who was live messaging me about the race.

Milo: the orange army is crazy
OH MY GOD MAX ALMOST HIT ACE
babe remind me why i convinced you to watch Grey's game when this is more entertaining
the FIA have given penalties to 3 drivers wtf??
charles is leading !!
oh shit
OH SHIT WHAT THE
OKAY THAT'S IT I HATE RED BULL
THIS IS SO UNFAIR
CHARLES IS FURIOUS DUSKNXKD
max cut a corner and gained an advantage and the stewards said nothing??
babe this is so unfair charles is as red as his race suit
oh fuckkk charles just parked his car on the #1 spot
max won btw ugh that little fucker
ace got P3 🥰

I was tempted to open my Twitter account and see the videos but I didn't want to be unfair to Grey so I focused on the game in front of me instead. I already know that my presence here was going to spark more rumors especially when I went down to the field after Manchester City won.

The crowd was clearing up but there were a few who stayed, trying to take pictures with the players.

"Congratulations." I smiled at Grey, giving him a hug as he kissed my cheek. "I do have a few questions though because I lost track of what was happening during the second half." I sheepishly said and Grey chuckled, placing an arm over my shoulder as we headed for the dugout.

I waited for him by the entrance and leaned my side on the wall, back facing the field to avoid anymore pictures of my face.

"Ready to go?" Grey asked when he came back wearing more comfortable clothes with a duffel bag slung over his shoulders.

I nodded my head and he placed a hand on the small of my back as we headed for the exit. Cameras flashed as we made our way to his car which he'd be using to drive me to the airport.

"Valentine! Over here!"

"Grey! How did you and Valentine meet?"

"Valentine, what happened to being an F1 fan?"

"Are you moving your way through European sports?"

The hand holding my purse tightened at the sound of the last question as I refrained from talking back, knowing that it would only make things worse. Grey helped me get into the passenger seat before moving through the crowd and opening his side of the car. Without hesitation, he immediately turned on the engine and drove out of there.