Ducks.

Toshi walked the trails with Haru in comfortable silence, it was autumn and the leaves were set a blaze with reds and oranges. He loved this time of year, it gave him such a nostalgic and cozy feeling everytime he saw the leaves fall. The sun cast its rays upon the trees, giving their surroundings a golden glow. 

"You look pretty content over there, Toshi." She looked over at him and smiled. 

"I am. Thanks, this is what I needed." He breathed in that autumn air. 

"Yeah, I know. Beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah." They came to a stream and Haru grabbed his arm to keep him from moving. "What?"

"Shh! Look!" She whispered, pointing to a white deer taking a drink by the water. Toshi's mouth hung open seeing the magical sight. "Wow."

"I know, how many people get to see an actual white buck?" She asked. 

"No, I'm not amazed by that." He smiled as she looked at him. "You both match." He joked. Haru playfully pinched his arm and he flinched. "Smart ass." She rolled her eyes. 

"I used to take walks like this with All Might whenever he felt stressed out about his job." She shook her head. "We used to sit by this stream and feed the ducks. He found so much peace just by watching wildlife."

Toshi smiled at her memory, he recalled that too. It was the first time he had ever been transparent and vulnerable with her...

"Stop feeding the fat one!" She giggled. All Might threw another piece of bread at the duck she was referring to. 

"Don't Call Henry fat. He's insecure." He told her, making her laugh even more. 

"You named the fat duck, Henry?" She asked. All Might shrugged, wondering why she was laughing so hard. 

"Yeah, so what?" He watched as the fat duck waddled to get the bread and hopping back into the water. "Don't tell me that you don't name the animals we see in your head."

"I do." Her laughing stopped and pointed to the brown one that hung around Henry, "That one is Mave, her and Henry are going steady."

"Pffft!" He burst out laughing. "What the hell?" He put his face in his hands. "How?"

"You can see it in her eyes, Mave likes Henry alot." She joked. 

"Good God, I thought I was silly but you take it to a whole new level." He chuckled. 

Haru glanced at him, throwing her last piece of bread to the ducks and turned to him, "Its good to hear you laugh again. You seemed pretty on edge this past week." She met his blue eyes. 

"You always know what's going on with me, Haru." He looked at her with a thankful smile. "You're right, I have been a bit distracted."

"Whats the matter?" She asked.

"Sometimes...I can't shake this feeling that I am not doing enough." He confessed. Haru looked at him in slight surprise. 

"What do you mean?" She asked concerned. 

"...I see how the people of Tokyo look at me. They love me, they seem to have started to rely on me to save them no matter what situation they find themselves in. They expect me to save them, they want me to save them..."

"You're feeling the pressure, aren't you?" She asked. 

"Yeah. What if I mess up? what if they lose faith in me when I fail?"

"Then they have failed you by not giving you enough grace along with their faith in you."

He looked at her a little perplexed, "What does that mean?"

"Its hard being a hero, I can only imagine. People seem to forget at the end of the day, you hang your cape and become a human. If they do not give you enough grace to see you human just like them...did they really have faith in you?"

"Wow, you're quite the philosopher." He chuckled. 

"People make mistakes, even the great All Might who fears that he will mess up." She smiled. "If they really love you, they will forgive you when you do fail." She laid a hand on his shoulder sweetly. 

"How do I get them to see my...humanity?"

"You see what we are doing?" She gestured to the ducks. "This is enough, let them see that even All Might likes to be human and feed ducks."

"You know, Haru. You'd make an amazing hero. I don't know why you wont let us train you."

She looked off at the ducks now leaving the area, floating downstream, "Maybe one day."

"I know what you're thinking." He told her. "Haru, you are good enough. Don't let your parent's opinion of you keep you from living your dream."

"...I know." She looked down at her feet. All Might lifted her chin, turning it so she could see his face. "Take your own advice...I have given you grace, I have faith in you."

Toshi shook his head of the memory and looked over at Haru who was still marvelling at the deer, "I wish I had something to give him."

"Yeah, I guess we didn't come prepared." He laughed. The deer heard his laughter and scurried away back into the thicket. Haru looked back at him and grinned. 

"It was a nice sight while it lasted." She shrugged. 

"Hey, the deer might just go home and tell his friend he met a human that looks just like him."

"Hahaha!" She busted out laughing. "Stop with the jokes!" She giggled. 

"No, I shall not. I like seeing you laugh." He confessed, his face growing red without knowing. 

She gasped, "Aww, look!" she poked his cheek. "Do it again!" 

he rolled his eyes at her blatant flirt, taking her hands from his face, "Nope, you only get one per day." He joked, continuing to walk but Haru caught his arm. "One per day?" She almost whined. "But I like seeing you blush."

"Well, in that case..." He came close to her face, teasing her. "One per day!" He took off running down the trail, hearing her steps behind him. 

"I don't think so!" She pounced on his back, Toshi almost falling forward in shock. 

"Give a guy a warning, next time, crazy." He said, hoisting her upon his back while her arms hugged his neck.

"Sorry, do you want me down?"

"...No." he replied.