Hearts Love

All Might looked at her completely amazed, all of the years they knew each other, he never knew that. "You never told me that."

"I'm a hero." She shrugged. "I assumed I would never have that."

"Why would you assume that? Heroes have children too." He told her.

"And put them in danger?" She looked at him. "I think of it this way, I'm keeping my potential children safe by not bringing them into this evil world."

His heart broke into pieces, she sacraficed having a family to be a hero? Why didn't she say anything? "But...you know that if you do have children, you're not alone in protecting them."

She looked at him a bit confused, "What do you mean?"

"Uncle Might will protect them too." He smiled. Haru seemed to shrink back at the idea, unsure of such a daydream. "I'm just saying, if you do decide to be a mother-"

"You'll be there?" She shook her head. "You abandoned me, All Might. I won't let that happen to my kids either." She walked away from the conversation and continued to play with the kids. All Might sighed and sat down on a bench to watch the kids, "All Might?" the little black haired girl looked up at him, "What's wrong?" She tugged at his leg. He smiled down at her and hoisted her up on his knee, "I'm just trying to become friends with that one over there." He pointed to Haru.

"You won't be friends with her by just sitting here, you have to go play with her!" She squeaked. 

"No, its worse than that. I hurt her feelings a long time ago." He looked down at her. "I'm just trying to get her to forgive me."

"Oh, what did you do All Might?" She asked. "You couldn't have done anything that bad." She shrugged. All Might looked at her endearingly, "What's your name, sweetheart?" He asked. 

"Ayu." She looked up at him with her bright green eyes. "Ayu Amara."

"Ayu, such apretty name." He smiled down at her. "I'm afraid I did do something bad. I left her alone with out a friend for years." 

"Why would you do something like that?" She asked, feeling sad.

"I did it to protect her from bad people who wanted to hurt me. I left her so they wouldn't hurt her." He felt so at home talking to a child about his problems, they had the simplest solutions for every problem. Ayu hugged him to make him feel better, "You should tell her that."

"I tried." He said hugging her back. 

"Try again." She faced him, meeting his big blue eyes. "People don't stay mad forever."

"Oh yeah? why not?" He asked her. 

"Our hearts weren't made for anger. Hearts love." She smiled. 

"You're a wise kid."

Ayu merely jumped off his knee to play with the kids again. Their little conversation touched his heart. He loved working with the kids of Tokyo, he did what he could for them when he had the time. If he had it his way he would come here everyday to spend time with them, he loved kids so mcuh. They were so pure, sweet and wise even when they didn't know it. When it was time to go, the sun was starting to set and Haru gathered her things as they left. She followed the hero who didn't say a word to her. 

There was a tension in the air between them as they walked, "All Might?"

"Yes, Haru?"

"Where will we be training tonight?" She asked. 

"You'll see." His words were harsh and rigid. She angered him from the words she spoke to him earlier. Deep inside, she felt bad but...how could she trust someone so secretive and reserved?

"Take off your hoodie, you will get hot running." He stopped. "We will be running at least five miles tonight, so get prepared." He told her sternly. 

She took off the hoodie and put it in her bag, hoisting it on her back. All Might started to stretch and Haru took that as a cue to start warming up. She looked over at his face, it was focused and also upset. She was correct, her words hurt him badly, she sighed and stood up straight. All Might looked up at her and stood to face her. He knew that she was feeling bad about what she said but he wasn't looking for an apology, especially right now since they were about to train hard. "Let's just run and we can talk about it later." His eyebrows furrowed, still too focused on what he wanted to teach her than the anger he had held within him. 

Haru nodded and readied herself, "I'm not too sure if I can do five miles but I'll do my best."

"Knowing you, you'll finish before I do."

"Quirks or no quirks?"

"No quirks, this is about building up your muscle." 

"Okay, I'm ready." She shrugged. She really didn't know if she was but she couldn't say no to the challenge. They both started out with a light jog and then All Might picked up the pase. She kept up for a little while until he picked up speed for about the fifth time. She struggled to match his stride as they both ran down the street. All Might could hear her huffing and puffing, "Do you need to take a break?" He asked her. 

"No, I'm fine."

"Suit yourself." He sped up with her now right behind him. She hated when he did this, he always did this when Sasaki made them race each other. She didn't want to remember that. It was one of the happiest memories she had of the three of them. She shook her head, going faster as her mind tortured her. All Might looked over at her, she was wet with sweat, no doubt she would start shivering after the workout was over. He started to worry when her legs started to wobble underneath her, "Haru lets stop and take a break!" He shouted as she ran right past him. 

"No, I'm fine!" She looked back at him feeling triumphant until she crashed into something in front of her