White Light.

At some point during the treatment, he opened his eyes to meet hers. A pulling feeling brought them closer, Toshi's hand sweetly laid upon hers as she stopped massaging. His closed mouth smile reached his eyes and they shined that beautifully familiar turquoise color. 

"Thank you, Haru." His thumb caressed her hand while hers did the same to his temples. 

"You're welcome." She didn't want it to happen again, there was no need for it to happen now. Toshi felt her hands shake and he took them up instinctively in his. "Are you okay?"

Haru nodded and breathed, "I'm okay. This happens alot."

"Can you tell me why?" he asked, knowing now that it had nothing to do with her muscles or her being cold. This went deeper than physical, he knew that now. Seeing her face was enough for him to know that she shook for a whole other reason. "Come here, Haru." He led her to sit next to him, his hand never leaving hers. 

"I'm sorry, I have no idea-"

"I'm not bothered, come here." He wrapped his long arms around her and sat back with her. They sat there in silence, waiting for her shaking to stop. He rubbed her back in slow cirlces and whispered to her reassurances until she stopped. 

"I think its you who needs the spa treatment." He joked. Haru chuckled and nuzzled into his neck, not saying a word. She enjoyed the closeness and didn't want to leave it, Toshi didn't want to let go of her, there was something that she wasn't telling him. Something about her shivering that she never told anyone. She also kept secrets. 

"Haru." He spoke quietly. 

"Hm?" She uttered. 

"If you need to talk to me about anything, I am here for you."

"I know." She shifted in his arms and laid still again, taking in his warmth. "I appreciate you."

"Heh." He chuckled. "I appreciate you too."

It wasn't his intention to fall asleep with her on the couch but his eyes grew heavier and heavier, as did hers. Both of them fell back, falling fast asleep in each other's arms. Both of them felt at home with each other, it felt so natural. The next morning, Toshi went to stretch away his sleepiness but couldn't, feeling Haru's arms around his waist. He looked down and blushed seeing her white hair draped over his shoulder as she laid her head upon his chest. She looked so at peace, he returned back to his position and snuggled her close. He even went as far as stroking her hair as she slept, earning a faint smile upon her lips. 

She was so beautiful, he always knew it but he was starting to see what made her so beautiful. Her strength and sassy attitude, her hard working spirit, the way she had his back at anytime. Her silliness and tender hearted nature when she took care of him. She was breath taking.

There was still so much he didn't know about her too, she wanted to be a mom? The secret behind why she shook, the grudges she held against people, her self-destructive side. All of those had reasons for existing and he wanted to be the one to find out what they were. 

He did know one reason behind a trait he didn't feel the need to mention in his head, her abandonment issues. He knew well what the reason was for that, 

Haru came home from school, feeling awful from the day. She didn't want to think about all the girls calling her names that day. She just wanted to vanish into her room and sleep. She opened the door , hearing the same old arguing that she heard every day. She learned to tune it out, marching right upstairs to her room to watch tv with the volume up to the max. 

"You spent all our money on booze and drugs!" Her father shouted. 

"You are never home! You work too damn much!"

This time, her parents somehow were much louder than the television. The shouting went on and on until she couldn't take it any longer and started crying uncontrollably. 

"Haru is out of control, this has been the fifth school she's been in, she needs her father!"

"What about you? You drink and snort your life away while she is defending herself in this world? Who the hell are you to tell me that I am a bad father when you pour vodka in your coffee!"

"Her quirk is out of control! she's made at least three students vanish with it and everyone is calling her horrible names because of it."

Haru covered her ears, trying to block out all of the noise from downstairs. This was torture, they told her that they would never mention all of those disappearances while she was in the house. It wasn't her fault. Her quirk activated because they tormented her in every school, they hated her!

That night she cried herself to sleep and woke up the next morning to no one in the home. At first she figured they were both at work but they never came back. She would lay awake at night and shiver in a fear that she had never felt before, it was a fear of abandonment. She was soon passed off from family member to family member until she had finally graduated and eventually got a job at Night Eye's agency. 

It took a couple of years for her to work her way up to being Sasaki's assistant but she was grateful for the two who took her in like family. They didn't bat an eyelash when she told them about what her quirk had done, she just needed to be trained. 

Toshi kissed her forehead as she slept, he would never leave her again. She needed him to be around, someone she knew to ground her and he needed her too. They were both lonely hearts that found each other once again and he would never let go. Haru stirred from her sleep to meet Toshi's eyes looking down at her. 

"Good Morning."