We Would've.

TRIGGER WARNING: Cutting, Panic Attacks. 

Haru hated the fact that her surroundings were spinning without her being plastered, she had run into a couple of metal trash cans and landed on her butt. All Might came over to her, seeing how angry she was, "Well, now. Who is going to listen to their mentor when they suggest a break?" He helped her up. 

Haru didn't say a word, she just dusted herself off and started running again. All Might rolled his eyes and ran up to her, "I told you to stop." He warned. 

"Yeah well, fuck you." She kept running despite the pain she felt in her right leg, she must have landed on it. 

"Haru, this is serious you could injure yourself."

"Already there. Might as well go the full way and see what happens."

His chest filled with anger hearing her, He took her hand and pulled her back towards him. 

"Ouch!" She shouted. 

"I don't want to hear that kind of talk from you!" He shouted back. Haru looked up at him almost scared. "That is self-destructive and I will not let you do that to yourself again! Do you hear me?!" He scolded, his eyes glossing over with concern. 

"Again? You mean Toshi told what happened the night before you took me?!" He yanked her arm away. "I see I can't trust anyone!" She ran again but All Might wouldn't let her go for too long, he blocked her again. 

"Yes, he did tell me." He held her shoulders. "Why would you do something like that?"

"Leave me be." She tried to escape his arms but he was too strong. 

"I won't let you leave until you tell me why." His voice ripped through her self-protected barrier she had tried to keep between her and him. 

"BECAUSE I FUCK EVERYTHING UP!" She screamed. All Might's hands fell to his sides and stared at her. "I can't be a hero without getting wasted, I lost the job that Sasaki gave me and I knw he's probably thinking the worst of me now! I fucked up somehow being your friend..." She hyperventilated. He paused, speechless. He didn't leave because of her, is that what she thought?  "I even fucked up dying! What the hell is wrong with me?"

All Might placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes, "Haru, you were never the reason why I left. Get that out of your head now." his hands cupped her face. 

"Then...why did you? Why was the reason such a secret?"

"I did it to protect you both!" He told her admitedly. He tried to keep his frustration at bay, he really did. "There were so many villains after me, I wanted you and Night Eye safe! The only way was to leave you both."

"I was a hero too! I could've helped you!" She cried. 

"No, not that time. I would've never forgiven myself if you died trying to help me."

"We would've!" She dropped to her knees, the sorrow too much for her to handle. "You know we would've! It wouldn't matter to us, we would've come running!"

"That's what I was afraid of." He helped her back up. "I didn't want to lose you. I didn't want to lose Sasaki." He wiped her tears from her cheeks, Haru closed her eyes feeling the familiar sensation. She couldn't count how many times he dried her tears...he was so sweet. 

Her frame still shivered and he hugged her tight, "If there was a way I could change time without the possibility of losing you both...I would have done it." He stroked her hair. "I am so sorry, Haru. I wish there was another way at the time...I just didn't see it."

Haru hugged him closer, not wanting to be separated from him, "I...I understand..." She said between sobs. He knew her shivers were too bad for her to move, so he picked her up and brought her back to the house where they sat on his couch. She shook against his large frame. He threw a blanket over them and he held her to make the shaking stop. 

"Its okay, Haru. I won't leave you again." He promised. 

"I'm sorry." She spoke through her teeth chattering. All Might looked down at her questioningly. "Why are you sorry?"

"I'm sorry for...everything." Her shaking started to slow. "I was so hard on you for so long."

"I deserved it. Especially since you've experienced that in your-"

"Its okay, All Might. I forgive you. Just promise me that you'll tell me the reason why you and Sasaki had that fight...when you're ready." She nuzzled his chest. 

"Haru...Its because he saw me die." He confessed. She didn't respond and he looked to see that she had fallen asleep. He chuckled, seeing her peaceful face. Her shivering stopped and he was thankful that the chaos from before was over. Maybe now they would get along much better. 

He picked her up to take her to her room, her grip tight and frightened as she slept. He looked down at her face, how can someone whose soul was tirelessly wrestling with itself look so peaceful and...beautiful? He stood there as if he was admiring a painting. He laid her carfully onto the bed and left her to sleep. 

He climbed down the steps and stepped into his shower, letting the hot water loosen up his aching muscles. He wet his hair, the tall bangs falling to the side of his face as steam emitted from him to show his smaller form. He had over done it today, he had been All Might for too long...he could feel it. 

He couldn't get the image of Haru out of his mind, her tan skin so perfect ans without blemish, her white hair falling from behind her ear as she slept. her eyelashes dotted with droplets of tears, her skin so sft like a rose petal, the way she held onto him like he was the only thing left tied to her old life...he was in fact the only thing in her past she still had.

His eyes closed as he scrubbed his body, thinking of her beautiful face. He imagined delicate arms wrapping around his waist, scrubbing him clean and kisses peppering his back. Her body close against him as the hot water fell upon them both...Toshi opened his eyes and sighed. He was surprised at where his mind had gone and he stepped out of the shower to dry himself off. He was tired, that was it. Minds wandered when they were overworked and exhausted. He looked up at the mirror, seeing the monsterous looking man before him. He felt deformed and ugly. He cursed himself for even thinking that Haru would ever see him in that way, she would have to be insane to like someone who looked like a scarecrow.

Without knowing, his hand reached for his razor blade, cutting his scar open one small slit at a time. the blood pooled out and dripped down his torso, the feeling of it giving him some sort of odd and twisted peace seeing the red liquid drain from his self- inflicted wound. He leaned over the sink, the sadness overwhelming his insides before it burst fom his eyes, watching the blood and tears drip and mix together in the sink below him. 

He knew what he was doing was wrong...so why was he doing it?