Chapter 18

Chapter 18: A Day with Him

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

Having a one-week suspension was a blessing in disguise! I never thought that I will enjoy my day without going to school! I don't have to prepare for anything. I'm just looking forward to what will happen today.

Napalaki ng ngiti ko habang inaayos ang buhok ko. Hindi ako makapag decide kung itataas ko ba ito or hahayaan na lang na nakababa. I am trying to look fine not pretty and presentable in front of Trevor. Now I finally admitted to myself that Trevor has still this effect on me at kay FrozenIceyCold ko pa talaga unang sinabi.

"What a lovely day," masigla kong sambit habang pinapalitan ng fresh flowers and vase ni Mama. I am inside her room and she still look the same, weak, powerless, and vulnerable. Wondering how a small body can take all of those emotions at once. What a shame! Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin siya lumalabas sa kwarto na ito. Konting panahon na lang ay makakalimutan ko na kung ano ang tunog ng boses niya. I almost sigh but I refrain myself. I don't want to ruin my day by just looking at my mother's body.

It's not like I blame my mother for being like this. I removed the withered flowers and put them in the trash bin. I sprayed some fresh water on the new ones and leave quietly in her room.

I went directly to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast when I heard some footsteps coming right from my back. Kaya naman tumingin ako kung sino 'yon. It was Trevor with sleepy eyes. Ohh! How cute!

"Good morning," sinalubong ko ito ng malaking ngiti bago nagpatuloy sa aking ginagawa. I made some batter for the pancakes and fry eggs and bacon for our breakfast. He just stood there quietly and later on he started to put the utensils on the table. I secretly smiled. We are breaking a lot of first times, aren't we? Nang simula siyang pumunta dito, Trevor and I used to bicker with each other, a lot. Parang oras-oras na lang na magkikita kami ay madalas kaming magtalo. Seems like we're having progress here.

Siguro ay dahil na rin sa nangyari kagabi. I giggled from that thought.

"Do you have any plans for today? Should we go outside? This house is really suffocating." I told him while cutting my pancakes into bite sizes. I swear that Trevor was looking straight back at me, amused. I could give up my entire life just to know what was running inside his head.

"I can't. I'm not fond of crowds," sabi nito sa akin while resting his chin on his hands.

"Why? Afraid that your fans will know that you're here? Mukhang pagkaka guluhan ka nila, lalo na at wala kang kasamang manager," natatawang sambit ko sa kanya. That is the price famous people access to pay for.

"I can't imagine you having no privacy of your own, endless paparazzi, legions of fans, and all that? How did you ever survive all of it?" Bigla kong natuptop ang bibig ko. I saw Trevor's eyes darkened and stare right on my soul. Biglang nagtaasan ang balahibo ko sa paraan ng pagtitig niya sa akin. Ohh! Did I push him on the edge?

"It's not like I'm complaining about my fame. But with the help of your cousin Nikos, I can still value my privacy." He said breathlessly. As if he can't wait to end the conversation.

"If you really want to get out of here. I know a place." Ramdam ko ang pagkapula ng aking pisngi dahil sa sinabi niya.

"Really?" Tumango ito bago ibinaba ang tinidor na hawak niya. He gracefully put the napkin to remove the remaining crumbs on his lips before directing his eyes on me.

"But promise me, you'll be quiet."

"Yes, sir!" I said and finish my food on my plate.

***