Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Perception

Trevor Dmitrí's Point of View

I don't know how many times I sneezed inside my car. I lost count already. And that's because of the fucking rain. But when I was with Victoria Abbel, the rain was oddly good. It was warm enough and didn't give me chills to the bone. Sinimulan lang akong lamigin nang makabalik na ako sa studio. I sigh. Tori, Tori, Tori, what have you done to me?

Bumaling naman ang atensiyon ko nang tumunog ang aking phone. I groaned. I am tempted to turn off my phone.

I've also been getting a lot of calls coming from my bandmates but I declined all of them. Alam kong kukulitin na naman ako ng mga ito kung sasagutin ko lang ang mga tawag nila. They'll ask me where the hell I am and I should go straight to the studio. I know my responsibilities, they don't have to remind me.

We're actually going to decide which songs to sing at the concert. And I've decided to sing my new song entitled It's Never Too Late for the last part. That's why I told Victoria to wait for the concert. I'll tell her everything through my song. And after the concert, I will bring her to the restaurant and answer all her questions. And I am going to answer them honestly. Alam kong maraming katanungan si Victoria. She's curious and she will not stop until she gets the answers that she wanted to hear. I planned it out already.

Besides, no one will know about my plans. They will all just tease me for being romantic. And I don't want to be the subject of their teasing. Lalo na kung malaman ito nila Raven, alam kong ilang beses nila akong uulitin dahil dito. I know I've been telling them that I will never like Victoria. But seeing her now, I've decided to give it a shot.

Why not? My stomachs turned into knots when I remember the reason why I shouldn't like her. Pero ngayon, ipagsasawalang bahala ko na lang ito.

"Victoria Abbel," little did I know, natawag ko ang pangalan niya habang nagdadrive ako pabalik sa studio. I must be mad.

My phone rang and I thought it was only Lucas. Papatayin ko na sana ang tawag nang makita kong si Nikos ang nasa caller ID. I frowned, why is he trying to call? We already talked two days ago. At alam kong kasasabi niya lang na pupunta siya dito. Maybe he's already here.

I answered the call and the first thing I noticed was his panting breath.

"What is it?" I asked curiously and clicked the loudspeaker mode on.

"Victoria! She can now finally see her dad! Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari 'yon. When I asked Alexander for some advice he told me it was because of the changes in her brain. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang explanation niya sa akin dahil hindi naman ako doctor. That's why I didn't get it." Bigla akong napatahimik sa sinabi ni Nikos. Bumagal na rin ang patakbo ko sa kotse.

So Victoria finally saw her Dad? Mr. Devin Stanislaski has been so nice to me when I stayed in their house. I'm just a little shy because Tori had been all clingy even though her father is around. It was so uncomfortable. And I pray to God and hope that he didn't catch us kissing outside the house.

That's why whenever I have the chance, ay dinadala ko si Tori sa ibang lugar para ma solo siya. Hindi man lang pumasok sa isip ko na kunin siya habang ang kanyang buong pamilya ay nasa iisang bahay lang! That's so awkward. That's the reason why I brought her in the Skyloft and at our studio.

All I know about her condition is that she was losing her sense of reality. I'm not sure if it is anosognosia or simply psychotic depression. And maybe I am partly to blame because I am gaining pleasure from hurting Victoria Abbel. A sly smile formed on my lips. Ah well, that was years ago. But now? It was different. I can feel it.