Chapter 51

Chapter 51: The Villain

Trevor Dmitri's Point of View

Victoria is in our house.

Her image flashed in my mind, wandering aimlessly in the whole house. There's a high possibility that she will see our family picture. Mom had this habit of putting our family picture everywhere. As if doing that made her a good mom. I want to get her out of the house and just pull her closer in my arms. Ako lang dapat ang makikita niya.

There are only a few moments in my life when I felt scared. I can even count all of them with my fingers. It's funny that it's all about Victoria Abbel. It's always been about her all the fucking time!

Once I reached the house where I grew up, the smell of lavender and rose water greeted me. I can even see my birth mother approaching my place

"Trevor! Bakit hindi mo sinabi na pupunta ka? You rarely come here."

"I'm here for Victoria," I said plain and simple. I couldn't even force myself to greet her with a happy birthday. All parents damage their children. That's a fact that is hard to swallow. I don't care about anything but to pull Victoria Abbel out of here. I scanned the whole vicinity trying to look for her.

Ayokong malaman niya. It will break her for sure. Iyon ang pinaka iniiwasan ko. Victoria already suffered a lot, I don't want to make her suffer for more. I don't want her to know that I used to have a younger brother. This is not a secret to the public, but to Victoria Abbel, I want to keep it from her. One of the reasons why I tried being mean to her is because she mistook me for someone else. I hate her for that. I want her to see me. The real me.

Ngayon, ayoko magbago ang tingin niya sa akin. What will happen if she ever find the truth? She will leave me. Deep down, I know. This is the risk that I took when I finally accept her feelings. Kahit alam ko na hindi para sa aking ang nararamdaman niya ay tinanggap ko ito. I took her for granted.

"Trevor! Where are you going?" Nagsimula akong maglakad papasok sa loob habang hindi pinapansin ang mga mata na nakatingin sa akin. I got used to all the stares from strangers because of my line of work.

"Bihira ka lang pumunta dito. Can't you even greet me first?" I felt her running so she can keep up with me.

"Still giving me a cold shoulder, huh?" I stopped when she said that and let out a deep sigh.

"Seems like you still don't know me, Mom," I emphasized the last words.

"When did you ever tried knowing your son?" Bigla siyang napatahimik sa sinabi ko. Bakas din ang gulat sa kanyang mata.

"Trevor..."

"Mom, please. I'm just here for Victoria. Looking for her already took a lot of my energy and speaking just made it worse."

I've always been misunderstood. Whenever I kept quiet, they thought I am giving them cold shoulders. No, that's not the case. I heard it and acknowledged it already. Being with people is already draining my energy and that's why I always remain silent. My friends understand me, that's why I am comfortable around them. Though Kalev and the rest of the gang are more outgoing and excel in sports, and everything. I, on the other hand, always felt a little different from the rest of them. I am a bit more careful with words.

And when I finally accepted Victoria in my life, it felt like I finally found the one person with whom I could completely be myself. As if she were a jagged puzzle piece finally finding its place. I want to keep her for life.

"Kung hinahanap mo si Victoria ay kasama ko lang ang dalaga kanina." That got my attention and waited for her to speak more.

"We talked in the hallway..." She said. I looked where the hallways is. This is where she puts all her paintings.