Chapter 39

Chapter 39: The Game II

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

When did he prepare all of this? Kahit ako ay napapaisip dahil sa mga games na ginawa ni Nikos. All of them were silly and hard at the same time. Sino naman ang nasa tamang pagiisip ang magpalaro ng chicken fight? There's this game that you will hold your one ankle up to your thighs and you will balance yourself using one leg. So twelve of us are in this position and Severus won as the last man standing. I can't even balance myself with one foot, kaya pupunta pa lang ako sa kalaban ay natumba ako agad sa buhangin.

Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Trevor na ngayon ay tumatawa sa pagkahulog ko. Seriously? He's showing his perfectly aligned teeth and I could even see the rise and fall of his chest because he's laughing quietly. Sa sobrang busy niya na pagtawanan ako ay di niya namalayan na papalapit na si Alexander sa kanya. And because Trevor is not paying attention, Alexander ousted him easily.

And it's my turn to laugh at him.

"Deserve, hmpf." I said and stick my tongue out of him. Parehas kaming nakaupo sa buhangin. They're still playing. Trevor shook his head in defeat, his hair is swaying because of the wind from the blue ocean.

"I didn't know you can even laugh like that." I tried to make a conversation with him. Napatingin naman siya sa gawi ko.

"Like what?" Takhang tanong nito.

"Like you're so carefree," I answered, still remembering how he laughed earlier. It's not a laugh that you can hear loudly. He chuckled lightly as if he only wanted to show this side to me. His laugh was laced with a hum of amusement. And now, his lips are in a taunting smile.

"For the record, I am. There's nothing much to lose now." I almost choke with my own saliva. And when our eyes met, it is as if I was back in my old self. The teenager who got hurt, her heart shattered into a million pieces more than it has been. The girl who gambled everything to love and lost ten times the bet, she was never the same again. I am a fool for loving too much. And I remembered asking Kalev about it. He told me that loving doesn't make you a fool. And I asked if someone doesn't love you back, and you keep on trying, then does it make you a fool? I remembered Kalev looking at me with hurt in his eyes and answered it doesn't make me a fool either. And when I asked again when it stops hurting. Kalev answered, never. I didn't understand that until now. My cousin is right. It never stops hurting. Hanggang ngayon, may kirot pa rin sa damdamin ko sa tuwing nakikita si Trevor.

How I hate the fact that we have the same social circles. He was still in my universe before I know it.

"Hey lovebirds!" Sabay kaming napatingin sa tumawag sa aming dalawa. It was my brother Cainn.

"The game is over. We're starting another one." He added. Napatayo ako agad mula sa pagkaupo sa buhangin.

"We're not lovebirds!" I folded my hands defiantly.

"Of course, so silly of me. Sabagay tao kasi kayo at hindi mga ibon." I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"Ha-ha-ha, so funny." I said and let out a sarcastic laugh. I can feel Trevor is behind my back, towering me with his height. Kaya sa tingin ko kapag tumingin ako sa likuran ko ay makikita ko siya. Kaya ginawa ko ang lahat huwag lang tumingin sa likod.

Nikos explained the next game. It is another individual game where you'll answer his questions! It's none other than a quiz game. Almost everyone is excited and confident, while I'm here sulking because Trevor is still standing on my back.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I yelped when I felt a warm breath on my nape. My cheeks flushed. Trevor just leaned closer to my nape when all of them are busy participating in the game. This silly game of Nikos is no joke. Actually, we are all invested, afraid that we'll sleep outside and suffer from the cold temperature. But I'm losing my focus because of Trevor!