Chapter 54

Chapter 54: Reflection

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

"Are you sure you wanna drop the charges?" Nikos asked more than ten times already.

"Oo, ilang beses ko pa ba kailangan ulitin?" I tried not to roll my eyes at him.

"Ngayon, alam mo na pakiramdam sa tuwing paulit-ulit ka Toring?" Natatawang sambit nito habang inuunti-unti niya ng pagkain ang grapes na dinala ni Cainn para sa akin.

"Huwag mong ibalik sa akin." Napasimangot na sabi ko sa kanya at nag cross arms.

"Your parents don't want to drop the charges. Even Trevor. He wants them behind bars in case they'll do something to you again." Popping out the grapes in his mouth, he looked rather calm in this situation. Biglang pumasok naman si Georginna sa aking isipan. Whenever I remembered the hurt in her eyes, I felt her anger toward me. It was my fault, I admit it. That's why I don't think she deserves to be put behind bars. It should be me.

"I don't think Georginna will do it again." Naibulong ko na lang sa sarili ko. Ngunit dahil tahimik ang buong kwarto ay rinig na rinig ito ni Nikos.

"Paano mo naman nasabi?"

"Basta alam ko lang." I shrugged my shoulder. Bumaling naman ako kay Nikos.

"And it's your job to negotiate with them. Hmm, negotiation is hardly the word."

"Fine! I'll tell them you won't pressing any charges in one condition: hindi ka na nila dapat lapitan. That's the only way your parents will be at ease."

"Whatever you say, attorney."

"I'll leave. Sa kalagayan mo mukhang mabubuhay ka naman."

"Thank you so much for your concern."

"But I'm glad you're fine, witch." With a final nod, he left the room.

I was now alone in the white room. The room is dull, with just white background. Ang tanging nagbibigay ng buhay sa kwarto ay ang bulaklak na binigay sa akin ni Trevor. I stared hard on the bondage on my left leg. Doctor Coben III told me that it will definitely leave a scar. Pero sa sugat na natamo ko sa aking pisngi ay matatanggal naman daw ito kung gagamit ako ng cream para hindi magkaroon ng peklat.

The pain is still there. Of course, the incident just happened two days ago. I was resting in the hospital. My face is bruised. Ikaw ba naman sampalin ng sobrang lakas. I couldn't walk right now that's why I am still in the hospital. Wala pang ilang minuto ay pumasok si Trevor sa loob ng kwarto na ginagamit ko. Trevor and I didn't have the chance to talk about what happened for the past days.

When he carried me when I was abducted, he just let me cry on his chest without speaking a word. When we arrived at the hospital, he put me on the stretcher and hold my hand when the doctors cleaned my wounds and numb the area of the wound. Trevor didn't leave my side when the doctor started to put the anesthesia. When the doctor made sure that the wound is clean, he started to stitch it. I got nine stitches in total and it looks hideous. When my worried family arrived, that's when Trevor excused himself. He just gave me a faint smile before vanishing from my sight.

When I was sleeping yesterday, he was just in my room. And when he gave me flowers, he was the one who arranged them on the vase. Napagalaman ko na lang na kaya nila ako nahanap doon ay dahil sa pagkakamali na ginawa ni Nigel. They easily tracked his house down and got information about where I am. Through Raven's connection, they easily hired two snipers.

"Are you silently avoiding me?" I stared at him. Looking at his every movement.

"No, why would I do that?" His eyes focused on me.