Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Isolated 

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

The whole ride was awfully quiet. Ganon naman palagi, wala nang bago doon. He's the type of man who speaks fewer words.When we reached the garage, binilisan kong umalis sa loob ng kotse niya. I was really wondering why he's staying with us. Is this a lame joke? Trevor Dmitri is really living with us now? Akala ko ba ay sinusumpa niya ang pagkatao ko pero tingnan mo nga naman ngayon, he's here.

"Tori," he called my name when I'm about to get inside the house. Geez! Why does he keep on calling me Tori?! I'm now starting to hate my name. The way he pronounced my name is like he was seducing me with his words. And I told myself that I shouldn't fall for his schemes because I'm so done. Totoo nga ang sinasabi nilang may limit ang isang tao. Humans are weak, they get tired, and they get exhausted from something. I wish I have superior powers that can remove all the feelings I have for Trevor. Sana paggising ko, wala na siya sa isipan ko. Sana ganon na lang kadali ang lahat.

"What now?" Sabi ko at sumimangot. I just don't want him to see that I'm affected by his presence.

"You dropped your report card." Ohh. I looked at the paper he was holding and he was right. It's my report card. Supposedly, itatapon ko na sana ito that's why it's kinda crumpled. I'm about to snatch it away when he put the card in front of his face. What's his deal? I want to go upstairs and lock myself in my room.

"All As." Nabigla ako dahil tiningnan niya ang report card ko. My brothers didn't even bother checking my grades in school, my mother on the other hand doesn't care what I do. We're so fucked up.

"Do you study a lot or it comes natural?" Hindi ako makapaniwalang tumingin kay Trevor. Is he really Trevor? I mean, this scenario is new since he never ever open a conversation or even initiate the conversation between the two of us. Tiningnan ko siya na para bang nasasapian siya ng masamang maligno. Okay lang kaya siya? But well, wala naman mawawala kung sasagutin ko ang tanong niya.

"It's a little bit of both," I said and snatch the paper away. I crumpled the paper and put it inside my bag. Since everything is messed up, and since I don't have someone to talk to, I start living and managing my own life. Mas pinagtuonan ko na lamang ng pansin ang aking pagaaral. I read a lot of books and use them in my academic activities. And maybe it comes naturally since I didn't have a hard time understanding and analyzing all the information written in the books. Well yeah, good for me I got all As. There's no one who will be proud of this kind of achievement but me.

"I'm proud, never thought that you will be so good, don't worry I'll make you even prouder." He taps my head and walks past me. A tear left my eyes and follow his movement. He isn't Trevor! Maybe a doppelgänger! Trevor wouldn't say those kinds of words! And what did he mean by making me prouder? Does he lose his mind! Pero bigla akong napatigil sa aking sasabihin, kilala ko ba talaga siya? I am sure that what I know about him is not everything. Siguro nga ay wala pa sa kalahati ang alam ko sa kanya.I should keep going and make my mother a meal. She must be hungry.

"We can sue that guy for defamation and blackmail," Nikos said while putting some papers in front of me.

"And sexual harassment." I muttered. Halos mamula ang mata ko sa galit. Dean must be insane. Dapat sa kanya ay binubulok sa kulungan.

"Do you have any evidences that he harassed you? Mahihirapan tayong iprove yan kung sa salita mo lang manggagaling." He muttered while looking at the papers.

"Well, there are witnesses..." I am not even sure if they will testify.

"Your classmates? Is there any willing to help you?" I pouted my lips and raised my feet until my knees reaches my jaw. I rest my face on my knees and wrapped my hand around my feet.

"Forget it, they won't." I got disappointed all of a sudden. It's already nine in the evening and Nikos and I was talking about the case we're dealing in. The hearing is already set for three days from now and I just couldn't wait. Gusto ko na itong matapos. We're only three, I mean four in the house, and I never saw Cainn again since the last time we fought in the dining area with his hoe. Just Nikos who's in front of me and discussing the case, Trevor who's still inside his room, me, and my mother. I shouldn't include her in the list. She's physically there but her soul is wandering. She's like a body without a soul. That's a perfect factor for not including her in the list. What for?

"It's ten years of imprisonment and he will pay for all the damages that he made. Are you okay with that?" Of course, I am okay with that! Kulang pa ang sampong taon!

"Thank you Nikos," I said out of the blue. Nikos is really good when he set his heart to do something. But whenever he accomplishes something his eye glows with happiness but I couldn't see it now.

"Are you not happy?" Tanong ko sa kanya. Why is he giving me that impression? Like he's not happy in this kind of stuff.

"Well, are you?" I really hate it when people answer and throw another question. I rolled my eyes at him and smirk.

"Of course I am happy! Why shouldn't I? He will rot inside that cold cell." Iniisip ko pa lang ang mangyayari kay Dean sa loob ng kulungan ay parang nagbibigay ito agad ng kasiyahan sa puso ko. I was back in reality when I heard Nikos let a deep sigh.

"Don't tell me you're guilty?" I tried catching his eyes but he keeps looking around. Sumandal siya sa couch at nilagay ang magkabilang kamay sa kanyang likuran. He crossed his legs and look upward.

"It's just that I felt like I'm ruining that kid's life. Imagine this, maybe he's just young and reckless and really like you, Tori. He's a boy who has a dream after ten years. Of course I am mad to what he did to you but putting him behind bar is kinda..." hindi na niya natapos ang kanyang sasabihin nang bigla akong tumayo.

"Nikos, that is so unlike you," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Dapat pinagisipan niya muna nang mabuti kung anong gagawin niya. And now he made something terrible and he should be ready to deal with the consequences. It's his fault in the first place, might as well pay the price. And I don't care if he has a dream or whatsoever, I want him behind bars." My blood began to boil.

"Tori—," I tried cutting him off because I don't want to hear anything from him but he keeps on talking.

"You sounded like Clevon." My eyes widened from shock and I almost throw the remote control in his face.

"Stop putting me on Clevon's level. He's an idiot. I don't want to hear anything from you, Nikos. Goodnight." I stamped my feet and go straight into my room. I really want Dean to rot in that cold cell. I don't care what will happen to him. I don't care how his parents will react to the situation. I don't care if he will starve inside the prison cell. I will ruin his life. Maybe the attitude I'm showing right now is the attitude I got from Stanislaski's blood. When they hate someone, they will not retreat. They will do something and ruin the life of that person. At 'yun ang ginagawa ko ngayon. I won't stop until I ruin Dean's life.

I looked at the mirror and stared at my reflection. I saw a lady and her demons lurking besides her. Lumipat ang paningin ko sa mga gamot na kinuha ko sa tuwing pumupunta sa kwarto ni Mama. I bit my lips. Iniwas ko kaagad ang paningin ko sa mga gamot at humiga sa aking kama. Where does my life went wrong? That's the question that is running inside my head and looking for answers not until the darkness consumes me.

The date of the hearing comes, kaya naman naghahanda na kami ni Nikos umalis. Nasa living room siya at mayroong kape na nakalagay sa kanyang tapat habang may binabasa sa kanyang iPad. He's wearing a three-piece suit that is perfect for him. Samantalang ako naman ay inuubos pa ang pancakes bago umalis. I almost choke myself with the pancakes I'm eating when Nikos appeared at my side, compelled. He put his iPad right in front of my face.

"There will be no hearing anymore, Tori." I frown. Ibinaba ko ang hawak kong tinidor at kinuha ang phone niya. My jaw almost dropped on the floor from what I am reading.

It's news about something that made me want to vomit all the food I've eaten.

"Dean is dead. He was murdered yesterday." I covered my mouth and trying not to vomit. I run to the sink and act like I'm throwing up. From my peripheral vision, I saw Trevor walking straight to the refrigerator. I let the water flows down to the sink. 

I eyed Trevor suspiciously. Where was he yesterday?

***