Chapter 53

Chapter 53: Real Monster

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

Monsters are real. I used to be afraid of them when I used to be a kid. I remembered when mom always read me stories to sleep, the monster is always the villain. Growing up, I didn't know that I am that monster.

There is a monster living inside me and most of the time it wins. How many people should I hurt first before getting what I want? Hindi ko na mabilang sa kamay ko ang mga taong nasaktan ko.

"Is there anyone who will come for you?" Napukaw ni Nigel ang aking atensiyon. I guess he only applied as the band's manager for this plan. He was the only one with me right now. Georginna left minutes ago, probably getting something from outside. I don't know. Bigla akong napailing sa tanong ni Nigel.

"I bet no one will ever notice that I am missing." Napahinga na lang ako ng malalim dahil sa naisip ko. That's the truth. Mukhang kahit ang mga kapatid ko ay hindi ako hahanapin. It's not like I'm expecting from them.

"Good. Georginna's plan is just about you and Trevor or else more blood will be included if things don't go according to plans." Pinagmasdan ko ito habang nakasandal sa pader at naka cross arms pa.

"What's your plan?"

"Georginna's been planning this for nearly five years already. I don't know the details but all I know is that she's serious about harming Trevor. In that way, you will suffer."

Imagining the lifeless image of Trevor made my stomach flip. Hindi rin ako makahinga nang maayos dahil sa iniisip ko. I have to do something. I don't want Trevor to be hurt. But the fact that I am tied up in a chair made it impossible.

Trevor is surely my Achilles heel.

"Bold of you to forget everything and move on to your life, thinking that you did nothing wrong? Wow Victoria! Hindi ako makapaniwala kung paano mo nakakaya ang lahat. Don't you have a conscience? Georginna have to carry the physical and emotional scars throughout her life. She had give up a lot of things because she can't just move on. You become her goal, Victoria. Pero pagdating sa'yo napaka dali mong kinalimutan ang lahat." Hatala ang pagka dismaya sa boses ni Nigel. Kahit ako ay napatahimik. Hindi ko alam ang aking sasabihin. I felt ashamed of myself. When Cainn told me about what I did to Georginna, I should have apologized to her.

"Not because you know that you could get away means that you can do everything you want. World doesn't work in that way. Freedom is not absolute. I hope you reflect on your actions." Nigel looked at me with disappointment in his eyes. Iniwas ko ang paningin ko sa kanya. 

I don't want Nigel to know my discomfort. Hindi ko na rin alam kung ilang oras akong nakatali dito sa upuan kahit ang leeg ko ay nagsisimula na rin kumati.

"Did you know that she used to live with her grandmother who have schizophrenia? At dahil sa ginawa mo, hindi na siya mamukaan ng kanyang lola. Her grandmother died without even recognizing her. She became an orphan and maybe that's when she finally decided to take her revenge. She got nothing to lose now." I suck on my breathe when I heard about it. Alam kong nakatira si Georginna sa poder ng kanyang lola. Pero hindi ko alam na ganon pala ang nangyayari. God! Why am I horrible? I heard Nigel tsked, still looking at me as if he's staring at the devil. I have no excuses. This is all my fault. For me, it wasn't easy to admit all my wrongdoings. I tend to rationalize that they only deserve what I did to them. Pero ngayon na nakikita ko kung gaano ko sila nasasaktan ay nakakaramdam na rin ako ng sakit sa aking puso. 

Nigel then walked towards me, lifting my jaw so I can look at him back. The mere touching of our skin sent a voltage down my spine. 

"I hope you already get why she's doing this. Siguro iniisip mo na pagkakamali lang ang lahat. I am telling you now that the mistake you did is not the problem. The real mistake is your lack of remorse, you bloody psychopath." I can feel my lower lips trembling from fear. This time, I know I was in the wrong.