Chapter 19

Chapter 19: The Sky Loft

Trevor Dmitri's Point of View

I lay on my bed quietly and just stared at the reflection of the moon glimmering from the glass doors. I hadn't slept. Ilang oras na ang lumipas at hindi pa rin ako dinadalaw ng antok. I was wide awake and the scene of me kissing that kid still lingers on my mind for a couple of hours and man! It couldn't quite hard to get her out.

I'd been vulnerable. And it is something I can't afford. What happened earlier was something I wouldn't allow to happen a second time.

Parang sirang pala na paulit-ulit pumapasok sa isip ko ang nangyari kanina. I tried to hold myself back, trust me I did. But I was losing to her. I was fully aware of our kiss but I couldn't stop it. There is no pretense in her and her mouth is soft and eager, tasting of generosity. Take note that she's on top of me, making me feel her soft body, agile tempting. Victoria's scent drifted away from me, sexually uncomplicated. She's just a kid. I keep reminding myself.

One taste of that girl and I didn't realize just how tenuous control it could be. Bigla akong napaisip, when was the last time I allow myself near someone? I couldn't track the time.

This is all Nikos' fault. Look what mess I dived into. Now I am stuck with Stanislaskis' mess.

The following day, Victoria greeted me with a wide smile on her face and I wondered if her face can turn numb with all that smiling. I finally have reasons to turn to her and study her profile. Her cheeks is a little rosy with cold, and I noticed her long silky hair dangling on her shoulders.

In front of me is the girl why I'd lost sleep. And all I fucking remember was her lips.

God! She's so inconsistent. Victoria Abbel Stanislaski's interests change rapidly. I knotted my eyebrows while thinking about her even though she was in front of me eating the breakfast she made. I can't stand her but she's amusing me.

A feeling of dread filled me when she started talking about my ex-manager and my current state. Being famous isn't all that great, I know. She doesn't have to rub it in my face. Hindi ko lang maamin sa kanya, pero I don't really do crowds. That's why whenever we have to promote for our music, hinahayaan ko lang ang mga bandmates ko. Hindi ako sumama sa tuwing mayroong fan sign events, promotion, commercial shoots, and everything. All I want to do is to compose music and sing. Pero meron talagang mga tao na hindi marunong lumugar. They will still have ways to know where I am and what I am doing. What a creep.

I still value my privacy. And I owe Nikos Stanislaski for that. Inilibot ko ang paningin ko sa buong lugar bago ako tumingin kay Victoria. How can a house as big as this feel so empty? A perfect place to write a song. Once my purpose here is done, I will leave without second thoughts. I don't want to throw my life babysitting her. But for now, I need to suck it up.

Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa isip ko at sinama ko siya sa penthouse. Raven designed this sky loft for us to hang out whenever we're here. Kalev suggested to have this made.

But right now, the place was quiet and empty. I must be out of my mind.

I wasn't sure if what I was doing is giving her more harm than good by staying at Victoria's side. Why am I always the babysitter? It wasn't my style to feel and act but to discern and rationalize. However, I'd never felt quite this strongly before and acted quite so rashly. And that's because I've been hanging with her for days already. Lalo na at lantaran niyang pinapakita ang pagkagusto niya sa akin. I am not naïve not to notice. It's just that she's really not my cup of tea. Bigla akong nairita nang malala ko na naman siya.

Indeed, Victoria is never consistent. She easily changes her preference and it's only about time that she will no longer be interested in me. She considered me a challenge. And what I know about being Stanislaksi is they don't back down. Ito ang napapansin ko sa tuwing kasama ko si Kalev at si Nikos. They want to control and lead.