Chapter 31

Chapter 31: The Code

Trevor Dmitrí's Point of View

I run my fingers through the thick hank of my wet hair. The droplets are rolling down to my cheeks. Nakakaramdam na rin ako ng matinding pagkalamig dahil sa basang mga damit ko. Even my underwear is wet!

Napailing na lang ako sa aking sarili habang inaalala ang nangyari kanina. Naligo lang naman kaming dalawa sa ulan at kahit ilang beses akong tumanggi ay alam kong pipilitin lang ako ni Victoria na lumabas.

I felt something building up inside my nose and I started to sneeze. Oh, God! The concert is just around the corner and I can't be sick now. But what else can I do? I can't refuse Victoria Abbel.

Her image started to flash in my mind like a panorama. And it's true, she's quite charming. At her age, she's such a femme fatale type of person.

I never felt good being with a woman. The moment that we've done it, it was good. Far from good actually. Alam ko rin na hindi siya makapaghintay itanong kung ano ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya. I am not naive not to notice, but this isn't the right time to tell her what I feel about her. I don't want to burden her.

But I know deep down, I don't want her to know. Once she knew about it, it will ruin her. For real.

"Trevor! Are you nuts? Haven't you heard about umbrellas?" It was Leo, shocked to see me wet because of the rain.

"When did you become so stupid?" Lucas said while grabbing a white towel and throwing it at me.

"I don't know," I know I got a weak immune system when it comes to rain, but I still soaked myself in it and followed Victoria. I have always been the sickly one and I easily lose my energy when I am around a lot of people.

"Trevor, you can't be sick now," Elijah added.

"I know,"

"Gosh! Victoria Stanislaski is such a bad influence." Lucas muttered under his breathe. And I felt a little irritated. I never been this irritated to Lucas. Kahit anong gulo na ginawa niya ay wala man lang akong naramdaman na pagkairita dito pero iba na ngayon.

"She's not." I countered. It's my decision to follow her and that's not her fault. I want to follow her in the rain. I want to witness her smiling and playing in the middle of the streets while the raindrops are pouring down her face. She was so innocent as if the world only revolves around her. But she doesn't have any idea, does she?

Nagkatinginan naman silang apat dahil sa sinabi ko. They can't believe to what I've just said. I'm a little shock too.

"Ikaw ba talaga 'yan Trevor? You don't seem to care when we give comments about Victoria." Leo mused in my direction. I started to dry myself using the towel.

"It's different now. I won't tolerate every one of you giving bad comments about her. Give her some slacks."

"Mukhang katapusan na ng mundo." Hindi ko pinansin ang sinabi ni Henry. Hindi ko rin sila masisisi dahil una pa lang ay pinakita ko sa kanila ang hindi ko pagkagusto kay Victoria. I walked silently to my room and before I closed the door, I told them:

"And be thankful to Victoria. I made a full album because of her." I saw how their faces sunken to the floor. I finally closed the door and took a quick bath.

Nikos was right. Coming here wasn't a waste of time at all. I managed to overcome my difficulties in writing song lyrics. Biglang pumasok sa isip ko si Nikos, giving me a smirking smile. Nikos loves to be always right. He wants to prove them every time.

Alam ko rin na kailangan ko nang umalis. There's always an end to everything. And staying at Stanislaski's residence should stop now. Now that I just took their sister, I don't think it's right to still stay in the house. The Stanislaski brothers have been a good friend of mine and I am a little guilty that I just took advantage of their little sister.