Chapter 24

Chapter 24: In His Car

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

"You always confused me. You always do." That was what he said when he parked the car not far away from the house. His words cut like a dagger piercing through my skin.

"What can I say? Being easy is so boring. On the other hand, you are the one who is confusing." Turo ko sa kanya. I even crossed my arms. We're still in the car. I'm still in a closed place with Trevor. And my heart is beating at a fast speed inside my chest because of our proximity.

"Imagine my shock when you left earlier."

"Kailangan ko na ba sabihin ang mga dapat kong puntahan sa'yo, Trevor? My brothers doesn't even care."

"Goodness, you were so inconsistent." Napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. He said those words as if he were talking to himself. And that reached my peak. Why is he so annoyed? As far as I know, wala naman akong ginawang mali.

"I think you don't have the right to tell me that I'm inconsistent. Where in fact, you just suddenly re-entered in my life shaking my world again up side down." Bigla ko na lang nasabi ito sa kanya. Bigla kaming natigilan dalawa. Hindi ito nagsalita.

"I'm just trying to live here. Meeting with new people, what's so wrong with it?" Ito na lang ang sinabi ko dahil mukhang nagbago ang mood nito nang makita kaming dalawa ni Theo sa restaurant. Or maybe because I am just assuming that he was rather mad that I've been contact with other people.

"Ha! Seems like you really enjoyed your time with him." He scoffed.

"At ano naman ang mali doon? You can't just say that I confused you and I'm inconsistent because we both knew the fact that I always show my true feelings towards you. I..." I stopped and chewed my lower lips. I even clasped my hands. I got offended when he always told me that I confused him. Because I know for myself that I always made my feelings clear for him to understand.

"I always show my true intentions. You're just blind to see it." After all these years, he's the only one that I've been seeing. It's always about Trevor. I almost choked a sob. For all these years, my life has been revolving around him. And funny we're arguing inside his car and I don't even know why.

He didn't say anything and so I was forced to look at his face to see his expression. But I just got disappointed when he got none. He's still the same as before. Always giving me that look. As if I have a contagious disease. I never saw him with an easy smile on his lips, that's why talking to Theo was a little refreshing. He's always smiling and laughing and he looks so free.

"Are you thinking about that man?" Bigla akong nagulat dahil sa sinabi niya. How did he know that Theo just slipped inside my head?

"I'll take that as a yes," he answered when I didn't speak. His voice was a little harsh, cold, and just pure ice. That is so Trevor.

"Do you want to know what I'm thinking right now?" Biglang napaawang ang bibig ko dahil sa kanyang sinabi. I was startled because he just initiated to open up what was running inside his head. I always dreamed to know. I've been aching to know. I slowly nodded my head. I waited and waited before he started speaking again.

"I am trying to decide what I am most angry with you about," his voice, a little low but with conviction.

"Because Victoria Abbel, I got a long list. And it's so difficult to focus on only one." I didn't know that Trevor possessed a temper. It was at first! Hangang ngayon ay hindi pa rin mawala sa akin ang pagka gulat. I didn't know what happened but I think Trevor reached his peak as well.