Chapter 25

Chapter 25: The Tour

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

I got a good dream last night. I was dressed in a night gown and I was walking on a path full of flowers. And Trevor is waiting for me in the far corner. He was smiling sweetly at me but then I woke up and I close my eyes again. I tried to sleep one more time but failed to recreate my dream right from the start. May mga munting ngiti ang naglalaro sa labi ko. Is it possible that Trevor is now opening up to me? That must progress.

At kahit gaano pa kaganda ang bungad ng araw ko ay ikinasama naman ng loob ko dahil tapos na ang aking one week suspension. I am back in the University and need to finish my damn degree.

"It's you! Akala ko ay namamalikmata lang ako. Hindi ko inaasahan na makikita kita rito." Napatingin ako sa aking taas kung sino ang nagsalita.

"Timotheo!" Masiglang bati ko dito. Walang pag alinlangan siyang umupo sa may tabi ko at inilapag ang dala niyang salad.

"Fancy meeting you here in the cafeteria. Isn't this the first time that we crossed paths here?" I suddenly felt excited when he started talking to me. O dahil ngayon lang din ako nagkaroon ng matinong kausap dito? Theo is wearing a blue pullover sweater with matching blue jeans. His hair is still a little messy but good. It fit his style so well.

"How's your mother, by the way? Ayos lang ba naman siya?" I told him out of the blue. Bigla ko na lang kasi naalala kaya siya umalis agad nung nagkita kaming dalawa ay dahil bigla na lang itong tinawagan at pinapunta sa hospital. And after that Trevor and I drove to the house and did something wicked. Hindi ko mapigilan na hindi mamula dahil sa aking iniisip. What happened in his car is still fresh from my memories as if it only happened yesterday. But truth to be told, it's been three days and we have no interaction so far.

"Thank God that my mother is fine." And he starts eating his salad. We fell into a comfortable silence and I decided that Theo, despite meeting him in person two times already. Once is planned, the next meeting was pure coincidence. I liked him better than most people I knew my own age. My social circles were really small. Smaller than you think. I only got my brothers and cousins, and should I put Trevor on the list? And now Theo. This guy, who is sitting on my side, eating his salad, giving me company.

"May dumi ba ako sa mukha? Kanina mo pa ako tinitingnan." My face suddenly flushed from embarrassment. He sounded so amused and gave me a mischievous smile.

"No, it's just that I found our situation peculiar." Amin ko sa kanya.

"Do I make you uncomfortable? Alam kong ilang beses lang tayo nagkita pero Tori you should know that you are the only one that I talked to for so long. And you happened to know me better than my peers." It's true, I knew a lot about Theo. I am his go-to person for nothing. We share things that we don't normally do in our everyday life. And he happened to know more about me.

"You're not making me uncomfortable. Actually, I am so comfortable around you."

"Good thing that we're both thinking the same way." He looked at me for a long time before finally saying a word again.

"Are you busy next weekend? I have an extra ticket for a musical concert."

"What is the name of the band performing?" I asked, eating the sandwich that have been in my hands for a long time already.

"Cold and Blue," bigla akong naubo dahil sa sinabi nya.

"Did I hear it right?"

"Yes. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh my God! That is his band."

"You mean that Trevor guy that you used to like?" His mouth fell open. Shocked about the revelations.