Chapter 10

Chapter 10: The Code

A day before Dean's Death 

Victoria Abbel's Point of View

Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin mawala sa isipan ko kung ano ang sinabi ni Trevor. How can he say that I am fucked up as he is? I didn't even know to myself that I am fucked up. Kahit habang naghahanda ako papuntang school ay iniisip ko pa rin ang sinasabi niya. Why is he always there, making my mind confused. He is so annoying and confusing at the same time.

But the only question that I couldn't answer until now is: Why is he here?

He can't be here. And why now? The idea of him being in the same place with me is chaos.

"I see you are spacing out in my class Miss Stanislaski." Nakuha ang aking atensiyon nang biglang banggitin ni Mrs. Roosevelt and apelyido ko. I didn't even know that I am spacing out. Nasa akin na ang atensiyon ng lahat and I started to become uncomfortable to my seat.

"Sorry." Sabi ko na lang at bumalik sa pagsusulat. Good thing I didn't saw any sign of Dean right now. Sa tuwing nakikita ko ang mukha niya ay hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko at magisip ng masama. When the alarm started to ring ay agad kong nilagay ang mga gamit ko sa aking bag at agad umalis. I just don't want to stay in the University any longer. Mabuti na lang at isa lang ang subject ko ngayong araw.

"Victoria." I heard someone call my name. Tumingin ako sa aking likuran just to see Amber in her usual attire, a short skirt, and a crop top. Amber is a good looking girl, she has this long ginger hair and is really pale. Her name fits her because her eyes are amber in color. Ohh, I forgot to tell you that she is a cheerleader and she is mean. I am not stereotyping any cheerleaders out there but Amber is really annoying.

"I heard that you are planning to sue Dean." She said with her English accent.

"You heard it right." Amber likes Dean a lot. She got it bad. I tsked.

"Face me when I talk to you, maggot." Here we go again. Hindi ito ang unang pagkakataon na kakausapin ako ni Amber. She really hates my guts. Bakit naman hindi? I somehow understand her because the guy she likes is pestering me for years. Pero ang hindi ko maintindihan, bakit siya sa akin naiinis where in fact wala naman akong ginagawa. I hate it when girls ruined each over a guy. Isn't it the best if they started to cheer each other? I am surrounded with idiots.

"I have an important thing to do than talking to you, Amber," I said and started to walk. School is really not my comfort zone. Hanggang ngayon ay usap usapin pa rin ang scandal namin ni Dean, which is really not my scandal because first of all I am not the girl in the video.

"You are really a bitch, aren't you. You just acted like you don't like Dean but you are really into him." I face her, uninterested.

"Just give it a rest, will you?" Naiinis na pahayag ako.

"Because of you, Dean is struggling so much right now. Don't you know?" Napangite na lang ako dahil sa sinabi ni Amber. That's the plan, honey.

"That is actually good news, Amber. Thank you for informing me." I said while flipping my hair.

"Don't forget to tell him to come in court in time." I said and blew her a kiss before turning my heels away. I am smirking while going straight to my locker to load my things inside. I don't usually bring my school stuff at home. Madalas kong iwan itong lahat sa locker ko. But something is off right now. Dali dali kong binuksan ang locker ko at tama nga ako ng hinala, somebody just broke the lock. Napapikit na lang ako sa inis nang makita ko ang pinaka paborito kong libro na sira-sira na ngayon. It really cost a lot. I bought this online with the author's signature and it cost a fortune. Kinuha ko ang libro na ngayon ay parang kinagat ng aso, some pages are crumpled, some pages are torn into pieces. My cheeks are now burning from anger. They can touch some of my things but not my books.