Chapter 5__Just don't stare

Yanis dropped Mia and Chris in front of the restaurant they've agreed to meet Scarlett.
"Always come over to the house to see grandma",  Yanis told her.
" Okay", Mia agreed. "Thanks for today seriously. I appreciate you"
Yanis smiled.
"You are welcome Mia. Call me if you need anything. I will always be there for you",  he told her.
" Okay, I will. Thanks", Mia said.
Yanis picked up the little one.
"Don't ever disturb your mother",  he told him.
" I will not disturb mummy, uncle", the boy said.
Yanis smiled and gave him a red packet.
"Welcome to B-city",  he told him.
" Thanks for the gift uncle", the boy said and handed over the envelope to his mummy.
Yanis entered his car and drove off.
Mia turned to Chris.
"We are about to meet your godmother. You know her right? You need to be polite later",  She said.
" Sure mom", chris said.
Mia smiled and held his arms as they walked into the restaurant. She spotted Scarlett immediately she entered.
They walked to her.
"godma",  Chris called.
Scarlett saw the boy and her face brighten up.
" My godson. Oh my! when last did I see you? You even look more handsome. I wish I could steal you away", She said.
"Please don't take me away. I love my mom",  Chris said.
Scarlett ruffled his hair.
" Why are you so cute? I'm so jealous of your mom. I need to have a kid of my own soon. I want a cuter child than you ", Scarlett said.
Chris shook his head.
" I am the best child in the world. I don't think there can be a child better than me", he said
"Chris",  Mia cautioned.
The little boy pouted. He is just saying the truth.
" Mia, why did you keep me waiting?", Scarlett asked.
"Sorry",  was all Mia said.
She sat down and helped Chris to a chair.
" So how are you feeling? ", Scarlett asked.
" I just can't wait to start working ", Mia said.
" Didn't you go to your father's house?", she asked.
"Father us not at home. I saw granny though",  Mia replied.
" Your step mother?",
"She is still the same. Let's eat. I'm hungry",  Mia said and took the menu. They ordered dinner and ate a nice dinner.
Scarlett bought Chris an ice cream and didn't stop complementing him.
Scarlett took them in her car to the apartment she got for them. It is on the ninth floor. House 231. The house has a room, a kitchen and a toilet. It is a small house but it is decent enough.
" Do you like it?", Scarlett asked.
"Thank you so much",  Mia told her.
" I wanted to add money and get a bigger apartment but I know you will be uncomfortable so I just filled up the refrigerator instead", Scarlett said.
"Thanks so much, Scarlett",  Mia said.
'It's nice to have friends', she thought.
"You can just rest today and unpack tomorrow. Don't stress yourself.
" Okay. Thanks. Come over later and I will make you a nice dinner", Mia said.
"Okay. you promised"
Mia opened her hand bag and brought out a book.
"This is my Latest book. It's a gift for you.",  Mia said and added.
"I know you don't read books but just hold onto it",
Scarlett accepted it then.
" Thanks", She said.
"Chris, I will bring a gift for you next time",  She told the little boy who is following his mother around.
" Okay. Bye, godma"

Scarlett got out of Mia's apartment and waited for the elevator. The elevator arrived and some one inside. Scarlett entered the elevator and nods at the person inside as a form of greeting.  She noticed that the guy is staring at her  Because they are the only one in the elevator Scarlett felt somehow.
"Hey, it's not good to stare too much. I mean a gentleman should not stare at a lady for long. Do you want to know my name or do you want my number? Is it my WhatsApp number that you want? Just don't stare"
The man raised his brows.
"Pardon? Are you talking to me just now? I'm actually not staring at you but at the book you're holding. It's a book from a writer I know",  he said.
The elevator got to the lobby and opened. The guy walked out briskly and Scarlett was very embarrassed.