Chapter 63__What will be my gain

Jerry entered the private room and saw Zenith waiting for him. He had ordered wine and he is already drinking.
"I'm sorry. I'm late", he said
" Don't worry, I won't blame you. Your engagement is in two days. You must have a lot in your plate", Zenith said.
Jarry sat down and pored himself a glass of wine.
"I really had a lot on my plate",  he said.
" And Ethan, he....."
He paused when he saw Zenith glare.
"I knew he did something wrong and I couldn't believed he kept such a thing from us but I still don't think our relationship should be easily strained...."
Zenith cuts in.
"I wouldn't have mind his sexual orientation. I mean,  I didn't even mind it right now. Do you know what I can't forgive? That brat is trying to use my sister. As bros, he should know how precious Rosalind is to me right? He never considered our friendship. He even wanted to marry my sister! He wanted to use her to cover up his sexual orientation. Do you think that is forgivable? If Rosa didn't go there that night, If she didn't see all she saw, I couldn't dare to think of the kind of misery she would have been in. I would not have anything to do with him again!",  Zenith declared.
Now that Jerry think about it, Ethan was really too much.
He sigh and drink his wine.
He recalled something.
" Right! Regina called earlier. She said she's coming back to B-city. She should arrive in three days", Jerry said.
"Oh! Is there anything she is coming back to do?",  Zenith asked.
" I think she just missed this place. She grew up here and made so memories here after all", Jerry replied.
"Just call me when she arrives",  Zenith said and continued drinking. Soon they started talking about sports, then about politics and the economy of the country.

*****

Mia went back since it is her grandma's birthday.There is no party or celebrations. Her grandma just want the whole family to dine together. Mia took a deep breathe as she entered the house.
" Miss Mia is here", a servant announced.
Mia saw her grandmother sitting in the living room. The old woman smiled when she heard that Mia is around.
"You're here",  She said.
Chris ran to her.
" Grandma", He called.
"Hello Chris",  the woman was happy to see her great grandson. " You look taller than the last time I saw you ",
" Really? Did you think so?", Chris asked.
"Yes",  the old woman said.
" I will soon be able to ride on a bicycle ", He was excited.
" Grandma, happy birthday. I wish you good health in your remaining years", Mia said and gave the old woman the gift she picked for her.
The woman smiled.
"I got a gift from Mia? Thank you so much",
" Chris, wish grandma", Mia told her son.
"Happy birthday great ma. I hope you live long",  the boy said.
" Thank you so much, little guy"
"Mia, you're here",  Mia heard Yanis voice. He came down the stairs and he looked gloomy.
" Where is your mum and dad. Mia's here. Let's eat ", Grana Quinn asked Yanis.
" They will join us", Yanis said.
He's very annoyed with his parents. They keep intervening in his personal life and she was even trying to arrange marriage for him when he had made it clear that he had someone he liked and want to be with. He felt that his mother is being unreasonable.

*****

Meanwhile, in Mr and Mrs Quinn's room.
"Maybe you should let him be",  Mr Quinn stated.
" I should let him be, what will happen to me then?  What will be my gain?", She asked him.
"Maya,  you know. Maybe you should indulge him and let him choose his own woman. He might be more filial to you then. If you keep doing this, he might really turn rebellious",  Mr Quinn said.
" Tony, did you mean that? I should let another woman control my son? He would never listen to me if he continue to stay with that woman! I need his complete obedient. You know that he is all I have. I've staked everything on him. Tony, there can't be any mistake.You had better know what you are doing. Don't try to stop me. I will do anything to get rid of that sparrow that want to be a Phoenix!", Mrs Quinn was angry.
Mr Quinn smiled.
"Maya, calm down. Don't be aggrieved. Let's go down. It's my mum birthday. Mia should be around by now",  Mr Quinn paused. He wanted to sy something but he's afraid his wife will flare up. He still say it anyway.
" Maya, how about you try and be nice to Mia later. If her son is really from that family, we might be able to get some benefits. That Baxtar family is not a joke. If we could do business with them, Our company would get the recognition and the exposure it needs", He said chosing his words carefully. He don't want Mrs Quinn to be annoyed.
Mrs Quinn thought about the benefits and she also thought she should be kinder to Mia.
"Okay",  She said and Mr Quinn was very happy when he heard that from her.

*****

Mia heard footsteps and look up. She saw her step mother and father arrived in the dining area.
" You're here", her father said.
Mia nodded.
"Hello, little guy. How are you?",  Mrs Quinn asked Chris. The boy probably felt her insincerity and avoided her touch.
Mrs Quinn almost glared at him but she controlled herself and sat down.
" How are you doing, Mia?", Mr Quinn said as he took his seat.
"I'm fine",  Mia simply replied.
" I should really take Chris out sometimes. It is just that I'm usually so busy", Yanis said and put more food on Chris plate.
"You should take me to that aunty place again",  Chris said.
" Which aunty, you never told mom your uncle took you out", Mia asked her son.
"It's men talk. We should not involve ladies",  Chris said.
Mia scoffed and grandma laughed.
" I didn't know Chris had such a sense of humour", She said.
"Did you take him to that wench?",  Mrs Quinn asked Yanis.
Mr Quinn nudge her. He was telling her not to bring up unhappy conversation.
" Grandma, I am getting married", Mia told her.
Everyone at the table kept quiet.
"I want you to give me a date. My spouse parents want to meet you",  Mia continued.
" Mia, you're really getting married? Why the rush?", Yanis asked her.
"It's not really rushed but my fiance really want us to get married",  Mia said.
" Who is the guy?", Yanis asked.
"You know him. Chris dad",  Mia replied made Mr and Mrs Quinn dropped their cutleries.
" You are getting married to Chris Dad?", her grandma asked her as if she did not hear it clearly.
Mia nodded and replied.
"Yes, he want us to get married",
" Zenith? Is he serious?", Yanis asked her.
"He wanted to come here with me today but I told him not to. He is really eager",  Mia said.
Mr Quinn cleared his throat.
" Do you want to get married to him for convenience? ", He asked her.
" Is there any one who get married out if inconvenience", She asked
Mrs Quinn could not help but put in.
"Your father was asking out of concern",  Just seeing Mia's face that looks so much like that woman makes her annoyed.
Mia wanted to say she didn't want his  concern.

🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋

Who is Regina?

Is anybody as curious as I am?

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye