Chapter 43__He still had the upper hand

Mia was in Zenith car when her phone rang.
She checked the caller's I'd and sigh.
This guy had been disturbing her for days.
She answered the call anyway.
"Hi, Adam"
Zenith became alerted immediately.
Everyone knew Adam is a guy name.
"I just arrived at B-city. I'm quite busy. Can we talk later?",  She asked.
" Yes. See you"
And she dropped the call.
Adam called to ask them meet up but she she's really busy.
"Mom, I  miss you",  Chris said.
" I miss you too my son. Mommy will be less busy in a month time. I will have more time for you", She assured the boy.

They got to the house and met everyone in the living room except Frank who had gone to work.
"We're back", Chris said immediately they entered the living room and ran to comfort.
" My great son", the woman kissed his cheek. She had spoilt Chris and always give in to whatever he wants.
Reina stood up and walks to Mia.
"Welcome home. Aunt miss you so much. You miss me don't you?", She asked Mia.
Mia smiled. She was getting use to everyone i n this family.
"I miss you",  she replied.
Reina was happy with that response.
" Let's go shopping with Scarlett on Sunday, say?", She asked.
Mia nodded.
"Alright, I will tell scarlett", Mia said.
"Who's scarlett?",  Rosalind asked.
" She's my friend", Mia replied.
Rosa turn to her mom.
"You are only going with Sis and her friend? Someone might think you did not have a daughter",  Rosa teased.
" Come along if you want to", Reina told her.
"No need",  Rosa replied.
" When will you be through with shooting?", Zach asked her
"In a month time,  we should be able to wrap everything up",  She replied.
" Okay Don't stress yourself too much", Zach told her.
"Thank you, great uncle", Mia was polite.
Rosa stood up and said.
" Sis, I will go to work now that you're back.I was waiting for you"
"Really? Thanks so much for your concern. You can go do your thing now",  Mia told her.
Rosa nodded, picked her car keys and walk out.
She turned to Zenith.
" Zen, can I take Chris with me on Sunday? We are visiting his great ma. She called me days ago saying she want to meet Chris",
"Are you asking me? Mia, don't you think you're being too polite? Chris is your son",  Zenith didn't like the way she's alienating herself from him. He wanted to be straight forward and tell her his feelings for her but he was afraid she will be scared and will distance herself from him. He's afraid she will not feel the same way with him and reject  him. He wondered if she had someone else in mind. After all, he was just a stranger she had a one night stand with to her.What if she's dating someone then and what happened that night strained her relationship with her boyfriend? What if she's in a new relationship already. He wanted to be careful, he didn't want to push her away. He wanted to get to know her better. He knew she's the one for him but what about her.
"I just feel that I should ask you first. I won't ask again then",  Mia said.
She turned to Reina, Comfort and Zach.
"I will go and take a nap now"
Chris followed her
"Mom, me too. I didn't go to school today because I missed you",  And he followed her.
Zenith didn't like the wat things is going and he was moody.
There was a guy who called her the other time and she said she will be meeting him later.
He felt that he had a lot of competitors. He wanted to believe he still had the upper hand since Chris is already between them but it seems he is only imagining things.
" I'm off to work", he said and walked out of the house.
Reina sigh.
She knew very well what Zenith is thinking and she understands Mia personality too.

Scarlett greeted Reina.Reina and Mia were waiting for her in front of the mall.
"How are you scarlett. You didn't even ask of me? Are you bored the last time we came out? Just teach this aunt how young people behave this days and aunt will grasp",  Reina said.
Scarlett smiled.
" Aunt, you're the best. You don't need to change. I will call you more often", Scarlett said
"Really?",  Reina was happy with the compliment.
" Really", Scarlett is also popular among elders.
"Let's go in. I'm going to pick present for my in laws, my parents and Chris. Maybe husband too",  She said.
" Your kids?", Scarlett asked as they entered the elevator.
"Let their own partner care for them",  Reina said.
" I heard from Mia that your daughter is getting married soon. Congratulation aunt", Scarlett Said.
"I hope Zenith would get married too",  She glanced at Mia.
" I think he has someone in mind though", She said and watched Mia's reaction. Reina sigh when she saw Mia's expressionless face.
They entered the mall.
"Talking of getting a partner. I now  have a boyfriend",  Scarlett was really happy to talk about Zander.
Mia was surprised.
" You didn't even tell me about it!", She was aggrieved.
"Isn't he someone you know?",  Scarlet asked her.
" Director Kingston?", Mia asked.
Scarlet smiled.
"Congrats Scarlett",  Reina said.
" Mia, do you have a boyfriend too?", Reina asked as she checked a bag.
"No,  I don't. I'm planning to settle down though since Chris now has his dad"
Reina could only sigh

🖊🖋🖋🖊🖋🖋

Let's give our couples names.

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye