Chapter 31__Let's get engaged

Rosalind was with Ethan that Sunday.
After they ate lunch they decided to sit in a cafe and talk.
"What is it that you want to talk about Rosa? Didn't I tell you that I'm so busy? I might have time for you after I'm true with thus case that I am handling", he tried to explain himself.
"Ethan, I feel so insecure.You are always busy.I did not feel like I have a boyfriend.I'm so lonely. I'm always afraid that some girls will snatch you away from me.You know I've been in love with you for years. How could I bear you been distant from me.It feels like you did not even like me again. I feel like I'm a burden to you. As if I'm forcing my self on you",  Rosalind told him.
" It's not like that,  Rosa ", he said.
" You are always impatient whenever we met. You are not the first man to be a prosecutor.Other prosecutors had girlfriend with them and they had a good relationship"
"Listen Rosa, It is not like that.Okay, Let's get engage. Will I be able to assure you that I'm serious with you if we get engaged to each other? Let's exchange rings in front of our parents", Ethan suggested.
Rosalind face brighten up.
" An engagement?", she asked.
"Yes.Let's get engage.I will do anything to assure you that I am serious with you.I will meet with your parents and we will hold the engagement if you wouldn't mind.",  Ethan told her.
Rosalind smiled.
" Why would I mind? It's a dream come true for me", Rosa was really happy.
It's her dream to get married to ethan.She wants to be recognized as his woman.He wants all the ladies out there to know that She is Ethan's woman"
"I will meet your dad this week.Let's get our dresses and ring too",  He told her.
" Hmm. Thanks, Ethan."
"I have your best interest at heart",  he said and gave her a smile.

Both Mia and Chris were stunned at how big the Baxtars Villa is.Just from the gate to the residential area took ten minutes by car.She wondered how many minutes it will take a trekker.
" Dad, your house is so big", Chris expressed.
"Yes, I know",  Zenith replied as he watched Mia's expression from the rear view mirror.She is seating in the back seat while Chris is in the front passenger seat.
" You live alone in this big house? Aren't you scared?", Chris asked him.
Zenith smiled.
"I live with my family",  he glanced at Mia."Don't feel burdened.My family are nice people.They will treat you well.  You are Chris mom after all"
Mia gave a small smile.
Being Chris mother did not give her the right to live in this mansion.She will just help Chris settle in and live.All she will ask for is chance to see Chris whenever she miss him.Just the thought that she won't be able to see her son everyday made her want to tear up.Right now, Chris is all she have.Taking Chris away is like stripping her naked.
He put the car to a halt.Mia saw some ladies and men uniformly dressed waiting for them in front of the mansion.Judging from her perspective,  she knew they are servants who works in the mansion.
She got down from the car. Chris and Zenith came down too. The servants bowed.
"Welcome back home, young master",  The butler greeted and the rest of the servants chorused after him.The man turned to Chris.
" Little young master, welcome home", The butler said and bowed deeply.
Chris was stunned.Why is an elderly man bowing to him?
"Butler stone, this is Chris mother, Mia. She will be staying with us"
Butler Stone turned to her and bow too.
"Welcome home, Ms Mia"
"Get the luggage from the car", Zenith told them.
The trio walked in together.
"You guys can rest for a while.No body is at home. You will come down for dinner later though",  Zenith told them.
Then added.
" I lived on the fourth floor. You guys will be given room on the fourth floor too", he said.
He turned to the butler who followed them in.
"Have you clean the rooms?",  he asked.
" Yes, Young master"
"Let's go",  He told Mia and Chris and climbed the stairs together.  Ma noticed that the house has four floors.
In each floors, there is a small relaxation room that has a TV and Sofa. When they got to the forth floor, they saw a small relaxation room like all other floors
" There are two rooms on this floor", he turned to Mia.
"You should share a room with Chris",  then he added in his heart.
'For now. You and I will share a room later and Chris will share a room with his sister. We might as well move into our own Villa'
Thinking about how he wil share a room with her in the future, he gets excited.
" Thanks", She told him
"There",  he said and gestured to the room.
Mia sigh as they enter the room The room is very big and it has its own toilet. The room is too huge. She wondered if Chris will be able to stay here alone when she finally decides to leave.
She hugged Chris.
" Do you like this place?", she asked.
"Yes, mom. It's clean and spacious. You don't like it?",  he asked.
" I do.I really do", Mia replied
"I will inpack.You take a nap",  She told her son.
" I will help you out, mom", Chris said.
Mia laughed.
"What can you help me with? Just sit somewhere and play with your phone"

Rosalind was in a good mood as she entered the house.She went straight into her room.She can't wait for everyone to come back so that she can share this good news with them.
Pa Zack and Comfort are the first to arrive.
They retired on the sofa in  the living room.
"It's nice eating dinner with those old friends.Let's go out more often",  Comfort said.
Zack agreed with her.
" Let's. After all, we are so bored at home.If only Zenith will bring our great grandson home", He said.
"I'm the one always urging him.You always act as if you are not really interested in seeing our great grandson.Rosa should get married soon so that she can give us grand kids.I can't wait",  Comfort said.
The door opened again as Frank came in bearing Reina bag.
"Come on in, my lady",  he said.
Reina scoffed.
" Stop it", She said.
"Never do that again. You so much spoil the date. How can you ask me out in front of so many people.You even gave flowers.Are you trying to mock me? Because I'm so old now?",  Reina blasted.
" Don't be mad.I was just trying to bring back the good days and happy memories.Didn't I ask you out in that alley back then? You feel nostalgic, don't you?", he asked.
Reina rolled her eyes but the truth is she was very happy. Frank is always busy from monday to saturday with the company and he always make sure to take her out every Sunday.
"Thank you anyway",  she told him.
Then she turned to the old couples who is watching them.
" You are home mom, dad", She greeted.
"Yeah.Frank took you on a date today again?",  Zach asked.
Reina smiled coyly.
" Yes.He thinks he is still so young", She said.
Comfort rolled her eyes.
"Hmph! He never have time for his mother after taking a wife",  She said.
Frank felt awkward and scratched his head.Reina on the other hand reached into her bag and brought out a nylon.
" I got these snacks for you and dad.How can I ever forget mom and dad?", She said.
Comfort smiled.
"This is why I like you.Let's continue to get along well",  She told Reina who smiled
" Thanks child", Zack said.
"What did you bring for me?",  Rosa asked as she climbed down the stairs.
" How can dad ever forget you princess?", Frank said as he brought out a small box.
"What's that?",  Reina  asked.
" It's for my daughter", Frank said.
Reina scoffed
She saw him buying a necklace earlier and thought it is for her.Who knows it is for his daughter.
"You guys are home",  They heard that deep sexy voice that always sound like an dictatorship monarch giving commands.
They look up at Zenith who is climbing down the stairs.
" You were home? I thought.... ", Reina was saying when her words stuck in her throat.
" Holy...Isn't this? ", Even Rosalind was shocked.

🖋🖊🖋🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊

What a dramatic family.
Are you enjoying the book?
Drop your comments in the comments  section.

                      ( • •  )
                          ^

✍:,  Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye