Chapter 30__HELLO BROTHER, I'M ZENITH BAXTAR

Mia decided to visit Scarlett in her florist shop.She met her arranging the store and humming a song.
"You're in a good mood this morning,  huh?",  Mia asked her.
Scarlett smiled.
" I'm not a moody Person ", she replied.
" Why are you here this morning? I thought you're busy on set?", Scarlett asked her.
"I'm moving out on Sunday so I am packing my things today"
"Moving out? Why?",  Scarlet asked.
" I mean where are you planning to move to?", she asked. "You're not moving to the old house, are you?"
She just couldn't think of a reason why she had to move out.
Mia shook her head.
"I'm not moving back with father. Not in a month of sundays. I..I found Chris father and we are moving in with him",  She told scarlett.
Scarlett thought she heard it wrong.
" You found Chris father? Okay that is still acceptable but why are you moving in with him? Are you together now?", Scarlett asked.
"We are not together but we are moving in with him to raise Chris together", ,  Mia explained.
" And the man agreed? Is he still single. Can you explain clearly?", Scarlett head is buzzing.
"Chris father is rich and he wants his son to live with him. I couldn't part with Chris so He asked me to move in so that I can look after Chris. He changed Chris school too.",  Mia said.
" Oh!", was all Scarlet could say.
Why does it look like something is fishy?
"When are you moving out?",  She asked anyway.
" On sunday.Chris father is picking us up himself"

None of the Baxtars knew that Chris and Mia are moving in that Sunday. They all had plans that day.They will attend the morning service and part t do their things. Zenith drove to Mia's condominium to pick her up.He was very excited thinking about Mia living with him.
He will be able to see her every morning when he woke up and every night before he go to bed. He will also get a lot of chances to woo her.Just living with her will give him a upper hand among all her suitors. He is going to win her heart by all means and show her off to the whole world.
He entered the elevator and as he the elevator is closing,  someone stuck their feet in. The elevator opened and a man dressed in casual jeans and top entered. The guy had a clean aura and he's quite good looking. Zenith waited for him to pressed a button but he's not.He seems to be going to the same floor as him.
He must be Mia's neighbour.
The elevator arrived and the guys step out of the elevator. The guy walked straight to Mia's door and rang the doorbell.
Zenith sigh.
Could he be one of Mia's suitor? He's well aware that single moms get a lot of suitors.
"Who are you? Why are you at my girl friend's door step?",  Zenith asked the guy.
" Girlfriend? I don't think Mia is dating anyone. She is still single", The guy replied.
"It seems she hasn't tell people yet.We just started dating.Are you chasing her? Give up, her heart is with me",  Zenith told him.
The guy scoffed.
Mia's door opened
" Yanis", Scarlett called.
She's the one that opened the door.
She saw Zenith too.
'So good looking.What a handsome hunk!', Scarlett drooled.
'but why did he looked familiar? '
"Hey Scarlett",  Yanis greeted.
" Do you know this guy?", He asked Scarlett.
Scarlett shook her head.
"I'm Chris father",  Zenith told Scarlet.
" Oh! That's why you looked so familiar. Come on in", She told the two of them.
They entered the apartment.
They saw Chris in the living room playing with his mother's phone. He looked up when he heard footsteps.
"Dad! Uncle!",  He called.
Zenith lips twitched.
'Uncle? Chris is even calling him uncle? Is he aware that the man is his dad's rival? I will see how you will live a good life with a mom, dad, step dad and step mom!'
Yanis hugged the boy and gave him a shopping bag.
" Have this.I fulfilled my promise", He told Chris.
"Thank You, uncle", ,  Chris was happy.
Zenith scoffed inwardly.
'Receiving a gift from your mom's lover already? Humph!'
Mia came out if the room with a suit case.
Chris ran to her.
" Mom, uncle got me a phone", he said.
Mia turned to the man.
"Yanis, you are spoiling him",  She said." And why are you here?", She asked him.
Yanis glanced at Zenith.
"I came to see Chris father",  He said.
Mia noticed Zenith then.
" You are here. Meet my best friend, Scarlett.She is Chris godmother I talked about. And this is my step brother, Yanis", Mia introduced them to him.
Zenith lips twitched
He can't believed he thought Yanis is chasing Mia.
He turned to Yanis then.
"Hello brother, I am Zenith Baxtar.",  He greeted and stretched his hand for a handshake.
Yanis did not take his hands.
" I'm Yanis Quinn.Mia took care of Chris alone for years.You can't take him away from her.If you dare try to get out of hand, I won't take it lightly with you", Yanis said.
Zenith laughed.
He can't believe this person is threatening him.
"Okay brother.I hope we get along well"
Yanis scoffed.
He didn't need to call him brother because ge is Chris father.Yanis knew his guess is right.This guy liked Mia.
Scarlett on the other hand couldn't believe her ears. There is only one Baxtar family in B-city. And there is only one Zenith among the Baxtars. The Zenith she knew is currently the family's patriarch. She can't believe Chris father is such a big shot. No wonder Mia is afraid that they will fight to take full custody of Chris if she didn't co-operate with them.
Zenith turned to her.
"You are Chris godmother, right? It's a pleasure meeting you. Chris used to talk about you",  he said.
Scarlett smiled.
" Nice meeting you too", she said
"Please take good care of Chris",  She added.
" Of course and he's got his mom. She's coming with us after all", Zenith said.
Scarlett sigh.
Will Mia be able to cope in such a big influential family? Are there good days ahead for Mia.Scarlet didn't think it's a good idea for Mia to move in with her son's father after all there is no sort of relationship between them.They may find it awkward and Mia is a cold indifferent person. Mia also didn't know how to relate or socialize. The Baxtars is such a huge family.
"I still have over nine months before my lease is over right? I can come over anytime.You can come here once in a while. You might be able to see director Zander too.", Mia told Scarlett who blushed scarlet when she heard Mia's words.
Zenith took the suit case from Mia.
" Let's go", he told her.
Mia hold Chris.
"Chris let's visit that place some day.I will ask your mummy to bring you to the office one weekend", Yanis told Chris.
" Okay, uncle. Make sure to always call me", he turned to Scarlett.
"Godma, I will take your number from Mum and I will call you.You must come to see me when I want to see you"
"Okay my domineering Godson."
Zenith on the other hand was thinking about how surprised his family members will be as he will introduce Chris to them.

                    ( °   °  )
                         ^

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye

Other books by same author:
📝Ray is in love
👑Duty and Freedom