Chapter 39__the society minds

Scarlet was very satisfied and she felt as if that day has the  best atmosphere as she walked walked side by side and fingers intertwined with Zander.
"I'm happy",  She told him.
" Stay happy, darling", he told her.
Scarlett smiled.
"Is today going to count as our first date?",  she asked him.
"Whatever you say",  he replied.
" Let's go on a date  next Sunday too.You are always busy on weekdays", She told him.
"Actually, we are going abroad to shoot our movie. We are leaving on tuesday",  he told her.
Scarlett mouthed 'oh'
" How long will the shooting take?", she asked.
"We are just shooting some few scenes do it should take us three weeks at most",  he replied.
Scarlett sigh.
Three weeks is a lot.
" Oh... OK"
Zander stopped.
"Why? Will you miss me? Is that why you are sad?"
Scarlett huffed.
"Who said I'm sad. Can I come with you?",  She asked him.
"I wished bit the crew will be so busy over there and we will hardly have time to sleep. I hope you can understand. Just stay here and wait for me", he told her.
Scarlett pouted.

That  evening,  Mia is busy writing in her room  when someone knocked on the door.
" Chris is that You? Come on in", She said.
The door opened.
Mia turned and was surprised to see who it is.
"Zenith",  She called.
"Did I disturb you?",  he asked her. " I wanted to talk to you"
Mia: "oh"
"Since you will not be around for three weeks, I was wondering if we should visit my maternal family. They all wanted to meet Chris. It will be nice if we could go over tomorrow. I will tell them we are going over if you don't mind it",  He told her.
" Do I really need to follow you to visit them.I think you can just take Chris to see them", Mia didn't think it is a good idea for many people to know her.
"No, they will like to know who Chris mother is They really want to meet you"
(✍: Did they? or you really want to go with her)
"Oh!",  Was all Mia said.
" Is that an approval? I will call them right now. We are going over early", he told her.
"Okay",Mia expected the man to leave but he's still standing there.
" What is it?", She asked him.
"Huh?"
"Is there anything else?",  She asked him.
Zenith didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay with her. She is just too clueless. Is it not pleasing to look at his face. A lot of ladies are fainting and drooling over his face! It seems he can't win this woman heart with his face.
" Are you working on a new book?", he asked her.
"Not really. I'm through with. I'm just completing it. I will be sending it to the publisher tonight",  She said
" I've you ever thought of writing online? Few people read books this days", he said.
"I've thought about it. I wanted to be through with this book and think more about it" She expressed.
"Good luck then. Get busy.I will leave",  he told her and walked out reluctantly.

The house looks like a typical ancestral mansion. It is big, neat and spacious. Reina came with them too. She wanted Mia to feel at ease when meeting her parents.
"My other grandparents live here?",  Chris asked.
" Yes", Reina replied, looking at the boy tenderly.
"Wow! This place is so big"Chris said.
An elderly man that seems to be in his fifties came to welcome them.
" Miss", the man said and bowed to Reina.
"Long time, butler Fred",  Reina said.
The butler smiled.
"It's my pleasure to see miss today",  the butler said and turned to Zenith.
" Young master Zen, welcome", He greeted.
"Yeah",  Zenith nodded and added.
"Meet my son mother Mia Quinn"
"Nice meeting you Miss Quinn",  The butler gave Mia a sight boy and saw Chris.
He looked very much like Zenith.
" Welcome home, little young master",Butler Fred bowed.
"Is this my great grand pa?",  he asked.
" No. The Master and Madam are waiting inside. They were eager to meet the little young master and wanted to wait outside but I couldn't bear to see them waiting out here as they are so old now so I waited here in their stead", Butler Fred explained.
"We will go in then",  Reina said
They all walked towards the arched entrance and entered the mansion.
The Butler led them to the hall.
Retired chief Marshal John stuart and his elite wife, Professor Tracy Stuart were waiting inside.
" Grand ma, Grand pa", Zenith called when he saw them.
Tracy stood up when she heard his voice.
Zenith spread his arms ready to pull her in for a jug lime he usually did but the old lady walked past him and walked straight to Chris.
"Oh my! Is this my great gramdson.So cute!
How can my first grandson be so cute? Reina was telling me on phone but I just didn't expect you to be so goodlooking!"
Everyone knew Tracy. She has a special fondness for goodlooking people.
Zenith who had just been ignored walked to his grandpa but his grandpa stood up and walked past him.
"He looked so much like Zenith.It's really nice to have a great grandson.You should bring him over to spend some time with us doing the holiday",  John said.
Chris looked up at him.
" Are you my great pa?", he asked.
John was happy when he heard 'great pa'
"Yes, I am. You're Chris right? ",  he asked as he picked Chris up.
" Who knew Zenith will be the first to give birth of all my grandchildren", Tracy said.
John hurriedly put Chris down. He didn't know the boy will weigh so much.
Tracy sneered.
"You think you're still young? You better sit down",  She said.
She turned to a maid nearby.
" Give the boss water" The maid nodded and walked away to bring the water.
Tracy turned yo Mia and smiled sweetly.
"You're Chris mom?",  She asked.
Mia nodded.
" Yes"
"Thanks so much for raising the child all this years",  Tracy said.
Mia smiled.
" He is my son", was her response.
"Sit down",  Tracy told Mia.
" Grandma, Mia is a writer. Didn't you like reading? You should read her books", He decided to put in s good word for his woman.
"Really?",  Tracy asked then said to Mia.
" You should recommend those books to me"
Mia smiled.
"I will"
Then Old stuart put in.
"Zenith How far have you gone with Mia? You should hold a wedding so as to make Chris a legitimate son. Even if we don't mind, The society minds a lot"
The moment John said that everyone kept quiet.

🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋

Is the old man helping things or what?

✍ : Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye