Chapter 33__but he didn't

Everyone turned to look at the old man.
"Call me great grand father kid",  The man said again.
" I have a great grandpa too?", Chris asked no one in particular.Then he ran to the old man.
"Great pa",  He called.
Zach smiled.
" Good good", He said as he old Chris in his arms.
"I will give Oliver to you",  He said.
" Oliver?", Everyone on the room exclaimed, even Mia , except that she did not exclaim,  she just muttered.
The whole family except for Mia and Chris knew who or what Olive is.
"Grandpa, You are giving Oliver to Chris?Wow! It's like somebody told me doomsday s tomorrow",  Rosa spouted.
" See, I gave Chris the best gift", Pa Zach said.
"I don't agree. The resort is much better! He will make so much profit from the result!",  Comfort argued with her husband.
"He can use Oliver for business purposes too",  Zach  argued further.
" Can I ask you a question?", Chris said.
"What do you want to ask?",  Zach asked the boy calmly.
" What or who exactly is Oliver?", Chris asked
"Oliver is your great grandfather Cherished yacht",  Zenith told the boy.
" What! I have a Yacht now? Dad, can I go fishing with it?", He asked.
"It's yours, of course",  Zach said.
" Thanks great pa", Chris was so happy.
Pa Zach had a smug look on. As if saying,
'Look, he liked my gift more'
His wife Humphed.
Comfort walked to Mia and said.
"Come,  Let's go eat dinner"
Mia smiled and followed the old woman and the whole family stood up and moved to the dining room.
Dinner that night was fun as they were all talking about Chris and Mia.
Rosalind decided not to tell her parents anything for now, she will catch them by surprise!
Rosalind really wanted to tell someone so she decided to call Dawn and tell her.
She was texting Dawn when she heard someone call her.
"Aunt",
She looked up to see the puppy looking nephew of hers looking at her.
"What is it?", She asked with a smile.
"Only you have not given me a gift.Aunt don't line Chris?",  He asked her.
Rosalind heart melted.
This boy don't know how cute he looked right now.
" I'm sorry.What do you want? Aunt will give you anything", Rosalind said.
"Really?",  Chris asked.
Rosa nodded.
" Buy me a Laptop then ", he told her.
"Just a laptop? I thought you will ask for something much more valuable.After all, you are a rich kid now",  she teased.
"I will cherish it more if aunty bought it for me.I will name it Cherish.",  Chris said.
Rosalind smiled.
" So cute.Only if you are my son", she said.
She turned to Mia.
"Can I steal him, Sis?",  She asked.
Mia widen her eyes.
" You can't! He's my everything", she said.
The dining room went silent until Zenith break the silence with his laughter."So cute ", He muttered.
" I won't steal your son. I can't promise I won't spoil him though ", She said.
" Chris can't be spoiled.He have to learn how to be responsible as a man.I need to catch him young. He can be quite naughty. He is always having me worry about him", Mia said, so serious.
Everyone on the table smiled.
"C'mon Mia, don't you worry.All boys are like that.Even his father Zenith was naughtier as a child",  Reina told her.
She had not landed when Zenith turned to Chris.
" How dare you make your mum worried? ", He asked.
Chris blinked innocently.
" Mom is always worried. She worries about everything! My friends said his mum is like that too.And infact Grandma just said you were naughty too!"
The whole family cracked up.
Zenith had finally found his match.
"Thumbs up, Chris",  Rosa told him.
Zenith glanced at Mia and saw her smiling too.

Chris entered his room after saying good night to his dad. Mia was about to go in too when  Zenith drew her back.
" Mia", He called
"What is it?",  She asked him.
" Did you mean it? I thought you said you cannot be separated from Chris"
He really didn't know what to do if Mia really left.How was he suppose to win her heart then?
He needed her by his side.All he wants right now is Mia Quinn.
"I meant it.I don't think I'm suppose to stay here.I don't belong here.What f your family think of me as a gold digger? Chris is related to you by blood so I'm sure you will treat him well.U don't need to worry about that",  Mia told him.
She didn't want to leave Chris too but she knew it's for the best.She us going to stay for a few more days here and observe everyone.If she finds everything okay, she will leave.She can always see Chris anytime she wanted though.She will make sure she clarify that before she leaves.
" But I need you to raise Chris.No one can raise a child better than a woman.Please,  you don't need to mingle with my family if you like. Just stay here for Chris.Go yo work in the morning and come back after work to tuck Chris in to bed and read him bed time stories. I don't think I can do all that for him.You are most suitable Mia", Zenith told her.
Mia smiled.
"You got a lot of lovely women at home.I'm sure they will be more than willing to look after Chris.You don't need to worry much.Do your best, you are his father after all",  She told him.
" When are you leaving?", he asked her.
Mia replied, "After helping Chris to settle in"
"Oh...Okay!",  was Zenith response even though he had a lot of things to tell her.
"Good night Zenith",  She said, opened the door to Chris room and walked in.
Zenith wanted to stop her but he didn't.
He want to bare his heart to her but he didn't.
He want to tell her not to leave him but he didn't.
He wanted to ask her to stay with him even if not for Chris but he didn't.
He wanted to say so many things to her but he didn't.

🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋

Who did you like most in the Baxtar's family?
Me: Reina

😥😥😥 Mia can't you give our Zenith a listening ear?

All rights reserved.
✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye