Chapter 19__Sleep well my son

Ma was sitting beside Zander and Jay had sat down beside her. All the actresses and actors that will be acting in the movie are around. Jay and Center symbol agency are the only investors investing in the movie.They had a lot of sponsors who wants to advertise their product with them though.
A lot of actresses are toasting to Mia, Jay and Zander.
A older actor came to the table to toast to Zander and said.
"I think this movie will come out fine and will be well viewed. After all, the director is young, the script writer is young and most of the crew are young too. We old people feel odd and out of place",  he said.
" Please don't feel out of place. We need you for our movie to come out well.", Zander said.
The man turned to Mia.
"Writer Quinn, I hope we enjoy working with you", he said.
Mia hit her glass with his.
"me too",  and she drank the contents.
" Gently.Don't get drunk", Jay sitting beside her told her.
She gave him a smile, Her cheeks red.She is getting tipsy.
"Why did it look like there is a kind of relationship between Jay and Ms Mia? Is it something we should know?",  the female lead, Suzy asked.
" Really? Do you think we look good too? Aren't we compatible? Mia hear that... "
"Ms Suzy, there is no sort of relationship between us.Maybe there is....A relationship between colleagues", Mia clarified.
" Mia is right.I just started chasing her.She is still acting coy though. The public shouldn't know I'm chasing a woman though.Let's keep it between us.", he said.
"Oh",  the female lead said.
" Mia, I will yake you home later okay", Jay told her.
"I will be glad",  She said.
She took a few more drinks. After the party ended, she entered  Jay's minivan.
" We will be dropping Mia off first.", Jay told his assistant.
"Yeah"

Mia staggered into the house. She entered Chris room to check on him and he is sleeping sounding.
"Sleep well, my son",  Mia said and walked out_more like staggered out_of chris room.
She sat down on the sofa as she removed her shoes.Her phone rang.She looked fir it in her handbag and finally find it after it has rang twice.
" Oh! Here s it", She said when she found her phone.
She swiped up the green button.
"Hello",  she said as she picked the call.
" Hey", a voice drawled from the line.The other person must be very drunk.
"How dare you date someone? So easily? Are all single moms like this.You didn't even give me the chance to get closer to you. I've been looking for you for years. Why did you go put with that pumpkin? Is it because he is popular? I can make you popular too.Is it because he is handsome Well,  If he is given 40 points for his beauty then I have to get 100 points. Come to me, pls"
Mia sighed.
"He must have been so heartbroken",  she muttered.
" Are you listening?", the drunken voice asked.
"I'm sorry but this is a wrong number",  before the other person could say something, she hung up.

Zenith couldn't believe she hung up on him.
He didn't dial the number again.
Her voice is so soothing. She sounds so ethereal. Only if she hasn't gotten together with someone else.He didn't want to look petty, chasing a woman that's taken. He wouldn't like it if someone else chase after his woman. He sigh. Maybe they aren't really fated.

Yanis  walked into the house and saw his mother talking to a woman.
" I'm home", Yanis said.
A young lady was sitting beside the older visitor.
"Such a filial son.Most young men these days no more lived with their parents",  the older lady said.
Madam Quinn smiled.
" Come here, Yanis.Meet your aunt. she is my friend, Madam Stanley", She said.
"Oh! Hello aunty", Yanis said and prepared to walk to his room.
Madam Quinn said.
" Wait I know you're tired but you should be polite", She said.
"This is aunt Stanley's daughter, Maggie."
"Oh! Nice to meet you, Miss Stanley",  Yanis said.
"What did you think of Maggie? Don't you think she is pretty, gorgeous and sophisticated.Sge is also very capable. She is the first born in the house and although her younger brother is the heir, she was very supporting. She is a suitable woman that will fit you.I've talked to your dad and we've decided that you will take Maggie as your wife.I've been planning this for a while",  She told him.
Yanis was annoyed.Did this woman think he's mummy's boy because he always obeyed her? He wonder what he did to deserve such a mother! He didn't like her at all and he had made sure he didn't contradict whatever she wants for years.He always obeyed her.He wondered how she's able to be a mother.She never cared for him.He didn't get any motherly love from her.Everyone must think they are close but he knew that the reverse is the case. Right since he was young, She treated him like a pet that must obey her only.She always told him not to listen to anyone except her. She told him to always tell her and no one else before he could do anything.He always reported all his lifestyle to her.She even got people watching him.She told him not to be too close to his grandma and to see his father like an ally that can become a foe one day.And she even told him to hate Mia because she will always threaten his position in the family since she is the daughter of a mistress but he always feel some kind of attachment to Mia and he couldn't hate her no matter how much he tried.
He did not feel as if this woman is a mother, she is more like a master.
Yanis felt torn, he is kinda scared if this woman, not because he is afraid she will hurt but because she is still his mother no matter what.He didn't want to offend his mother and he knew very well  how aggressive she could be. She had already chosen a wife for him and he knew she had decided on this and nobody can change her decision.Her father is more of her puppet this days than her husband. He knew that saying he wouldn't take Maggie as a wife will mean drawing a line between them and he knew that he will be in captivity for life if he agreed with her. Not to mention that he already liked someone. He knew if he agreed to marry Maggie, his mom is not someone to waste her time in something.She will probably get them engaged to each other in time.
Yanis didn't know what to do.Perharps he knew but he's to scared to say his thought.

🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊

What should Yanis do?
Let's advice Yanis please.
See the way that woman is talking as if she is making declaration.How can she be a mother? Humph!

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye
     ( Beckylove)

Have you read:

📝Ray is in love!

👑Duty and Freedom

If you haven't go and read.
much 😘😘😘😘😘😘