Chapter 37__He listens to me and me alone

Dora didn't want to come here but she did anyway.After all, that women is still his mother. It is love me love my dog.She knew very well that if his family did not agree to them being together.Their relationship will only be like a passing shower.
She entered the elevator and took it to he eleventh floor. She looked for room 901 when she got to the eleventh floor. She opened the door to the room and entered.
It was a small private room. There is just a sofa in the room.A karaoke machine is also available in the room.
She saw Mrs Quinn the moment she entered.The Woman is drinking wine and snacking on chips.
Dora closed the door and sat down before her.
"I thought you wouldn't come.I would have visited your parents if you didn't",  She said
Dora didn't say anything.
Mrs Quinn looked irritated as if been in a closed room with her is the last thing she wanted.
" A country side bumpkin wanting to be a phoenix?Isn't it funny? Do you think it is just anybody that can climb up the social ladder?", She made some tsk tsk tsk sounds in her throat.
"I will go straight to the point since I don't want to waste my time talking to you",  She dipped her hands into her bag.
She brought out a card and dropped it on the table.
" There is $5 million in that card. Take it and leave my son alone now. You won't be getting this kind of opportunity again and you have to leave my son eventually", She said.
Dora clenched her fists.
How can this vicious woman be Yanis's mother?
"Say?",  Mrs Quinn asked her again.
Dora pushed the card back to her and said with a smile.
" Isn't this too cliche? You watch TV dramas don't you? Can't you see that giving a box of money, envelope or card doesn't work anymore? If I could marry your son, won't I get more than this? Stop intervening in your son's love life,  Life isn't so conservative anymore!", Immediately she finished speaking,  a glass of wine was splashed on her.
Dora clenched her fist.
"Do you think you can stop your son from being with me? The more you do this, the more he would want to protect me from you",  Dora said
Mrs Quinn was so angry that she slapped Dora.
" He is my son.He listens to me and me alone.I'm his mother. He will remain filial to me", She said.
She didn't want to believe that Yanis will chose a woman her her.After all she had done for him. She raised him!
"I will not leave Yanis, I'm so sorry",  Dora said only to be slapped again.
" Leave my son alone, Vixen.I am his mother!", And she started pulling on Dora's here.

This is what Yanis saw the moment he entered the private room.He had gotten someone to keep an eye on Dora and when that person called him that she came here, he had rushed out if the office.
He was surprise to see that his mother has gone hysterical.
"Mom",  he called angrily.
The women heard his voice and where surprised.
Mrs Quinn left Dora alone and Dora fell on the ground.
" What are you doing here? This tramp called you?", She asked her son.
Yanis ignored her and walks to Dora.
"Are you okay?",  he asked her as he helped her up.
Dora felt hurt and cheated.Someone beat her up like this and she could not even retaliate. Mrs Quinn was  an elder after all.What she hated most is elderly people taking advantage of the young. She felt that such an elder doesn't deserve to be an adult.
She cried in Yanis arms.
Yanis let her cry.
Mrs Quinn was very angry when she saw Yanis handling Dora gently.
She felt that she had raised the child for nothing.
" I want to go home", Dora said.
Her scalp is hurting.
"Okay.I will take you home"Yanis said gently.
He picked her bag and led her out.
"Yanis...",  Mrs Quinn called but he acted as if he didn't even hear her.
He walked out of the room without sparing a glance at her.
Mrs Quinn clenched her fist.Thing isn't going as expected. All this is not part of the plan.How would she know that Yanis will fall for a wench and will not listen to her again?
She can't lose like this especially to a village bumpkin.

Dora and Yanis didn't say anything to each other through out the ride to her home.
Watching her, Yanis was angry. Dora had bruises all over her body. He saw a pharmacy and put the car to a halt.
" What are you doing?", she asked.
"I want to get some ointment from the pharmacy",  He told her.
Dora kept quiet.
Yanis got down. He came back some minutes later with a polythene bag.
He took out the ointment and band aid and applied it for her.
" I'm sorry, Dora. If it was someone else that abused you this way, I know what to do to them but this is my mum. Please, don't take it to heart. Don't ever let her be the reason we will break up.I will seek justice for you,  don't worry", he told her.
Dora let her tears flow.
"I feel cheated. I couldn't even hit her back. I...."
Yanis squeezed her hand.
"I'm sorry",  he told her.

🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋

You can visit my page to read my other stories

Authoress Becky Books

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye
          ( Beckylove)