Chapter 38__Go out with me

All Rights Reserved

Rosa engagement went well. The two family chose a date for the wedding ceremony.
It's in two months time.Rosalind is very happy. Her dream is finally coming true.
Ethan told her he will handle the Invitation cards.
They are going to  designers place during the weekend to get their dress ready.
Zenith had promised to pay for the event center they will use and also pay for the decorations. Ethan family said they will handle the catering and drink.
Rosa had invited a popular anchor man to host her wedding. She is really enjoying the preparation processes.

Scarlett had asked Zander to go on a picnic with her. She sat in front of her vanity table and sigh as she applied her skin care.She hope this day s as memorable as she wants it to be.
She applied little make up on her face and walk into her closet. She looked around.
She need to look good that Zander won't be able to take his eyes off her.
She decided on a peach coloured dress.
She put it on and smiled as she check herself out in the mirror.
"Have a good day, Scarlett",  She told herself.

She saw Zander waiting for her beside his car. He is the only one in the underground garage and he waited patiently.
"Hi, Zander",  She greeted.
" Hello", He then sized her up.
"You're looking good",  He said.
Scarlett didn't expect a compliment from him so she blushed when he said that.
" Well, you are not looking bad too", She said
The man nodded.
"I know"
Scarlett scoffed internally.
'so full of himself'
"Have you waited for long?",  she asked him.
" It's worth it", he said.
"What?",  Scarlett asked with a raise brow.
He wouldn't mean she is worthy to be waited for right?
" I mean the meal", he said and gestured to the picnic basket with her.
Scarlett rolled her eyes.Can he stop making it obvious that he is with her just for free meals.
Can't he pretend to be romantic? Such a killjoy.
She entered the car grudgingly.

There are few people around that day since it's not an holiday.
"Did you bring the blanket?",  Scarlett asked him.
" Yes. It is in the back seat", he said
She spread the blanket on the grass and arranged the meal. There were fruits,  appetizers and dessert.
"You are really good at making picnic food", Zander said as he watched her.
"I'm suppose to be on set today but I couldn't go because if our picnic. I guess it all worthy. There is a scene in my movie where the lead characters need to go on a picnic.I've been looking out for a place that will be good for that scene.
This place is not bad"
Scarlett sigh.
'And now, he's even talking about  work'
"Let's eat",  she told him.
He smiled and said.
" Thank you for the meal", And he used his fork to pick a tangerine and put it in his mouth.
"Oh! I brought a wine",  he said.Then he saw the freshly made juice that Scarlett made In a jug. " Let's have it later after the meal", he added.
Scarlett wanted to ask him out herself but she's quite nervous. She didn't even know how yo bring it up.
She decides to speak up after their meal. That meal was Quiet.
After the meal, Sander decanted the wine into the juice glass around.
"Enjoy",  he told her and took his own glass.
" Don't you find me attractive? I'm I not your style? Will you tell me your style so I could change for you?", Zander almost choked on his drink when he heard those question.
"What! What are you saying?",  he asked.
" Do not say anything until I'm done", She told him and continued.
"I like you the first time I saw you and my feelings for you only grew deeper since then. I know you are a director and that's quite an achievement for a young man like you. You must have seen a lot of beautiful ladies out there , after all your industry didn't lack those but can't you just give me a chance.I just feel like I, Scarlett is the perfect woman for you. Of it isn't too much to ask, go out with me",  Scarlett said, her eyes closed.
Zander watched her and find her cute.They are not young anymore and needn't need to play around anymore. At their age, everyone is dating with marriage in mind.
To Zander who didn't even have an ideal woman in mind, Scarlett isn't too bad. He feels comfortable around her a lot.He just didn't know how to take initiative since he hadn't dated before.
" I thought we are already going out", he said.
Scarlett opened her eyes.
"Huh?", She really isn't getting him.
" Actually..", Zander continued. "Today, I told the crew member I'm going on a picnic with my girlfriend.  Do you think I will go pit with just anyone if I didn't have other thoughts?",  he asked.
Scarlett blushed when she heard the last statement. That mean to him, she is not just anyone.That's a nice compliment if it is coming from the person one liked.
Zander continued, " And don't eve talk about changing your self for a man.Don't be with a man that wants you to change for him but be with a man that can accept you as you are. Complications will arise if you start changing this and that for your partner.
Darling, be your self", he said.
"Huh?"
"I said you should be yourself",  he repeated.
" Not that", she said.
"I said complication arises...."
"No not that part",  Scarlett insists.
Zander leaned forward.
" Do you mean the endearment, Darling?", He asked.
Scarlett turned pink.
"Do you like it,  Do you want me yo call you that , darling?", he asked her again.
Scarlet nodded.
" Darling, what will you call me now that I will always call you Darling? ", he asked her.
" Are we really dating now?", she asked.
Zander nodded, "of course" Then he moved more closer to her.
"Or did you need something to prove it to you, Darling?",  As he asked that, he kissed her.
Scarlett was caught off guarded but she responded any way. She wrapped her arms around him as he held her chin firmly as they  kissed.

🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊

I really wanted to post more than a episode a day but I just couldn't help it. To type on episode can be quite tiring.If it is to write with pen, I'm fast but I'm a slow typist. I hope you can endure with me.
Thanks for always reading.

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye.